Frage SolidWorks with 12900K DDR4 vs DDR5 (Rebuild time)

Zazz

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I just bought my new setup. i9-12900K with a Gigabyte Z690i Aorus Ultra DDR4, all settings by default except for XMP.

My setup (SW2021 SP4.1) scores only 1.90 points in CPU Rebuild Composite compared to Igorslabs 2.89. So DDR5 seems to speed up rebuild time in SolidWorks significantly. I tested to down-clock my DDR4 to only 2133Mhz and rebuild time score surprisingly INCREASED to 2.04 points :-o. Other benchmarks are in line with other testers online...

Anyother SolidWorks users here who have seen similar results?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Puget Systems has made benchmarks back with SolidWorks 2020 and Ryzen 3xxx vs intel 9xxx and later with SolidWorks 2021 with Ryzen 5xxx vs intel 10xxx and one itneresting thing I learned from thos articeles had little to do with cpu performance and more with the SolidWorks benchmark. It seems that with the rebuild benchmark specifically the time measured by SolidWorks has little to o with the actual time taken or performance. The built in benchmarking tool basically freezes as the program starts ramping up and isplays a way too short time in the end. This error varies wildly depending on cpu. They included both the time measured by SolidWorks and the actual time taken in their benchmarks and you can kindof try extapolating from there but ufortunately I couldn't find a more up to date benchmark from them showing the intel 12xxx or 13xxx cpus. That's a bit of a pain because accoring to SolidWorks benchmarks, speciically in rebuild time the 12th and 13th generation intel cpus have a huge magic advantage over both amd cpus and earlier generation intel cpus but since this huge advantage only applies to rebuild time which has an unreliable benchmarking tool I'm not sure how much o that is real and I couldn't find any real world benchmarks or information on how this benchamrking error has developed with cpu generations.
TLDR just a tiny bit of advice, specifically when it ocmes to SolidWorks rebuild times, do not trust the benchmark, us a stopwatch. If you use the benchmark the time WILL be too short, that error WILL vary and it's impossibel to tell if any change you made increased performnace or jsut made the benchmark even less accurate, or opposite, if any change decreased performance or just made the benchmark more accurate. If you get a lower scre than expected it's possible that for some reason you get less performance but it mgiht also just be that for some reason your benchmark timer is more accurate or a bit of both

Oben Unten