Question RX 570 bios switch missing!

Mirco

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I have this GPU that I'm trying to "resuscitate", the fans start but nothing is seen by the system (tried both win10 and linux). I have seen that the bios switch is missing, so I suppose that the GPU does not load bios because of it.
Do you have any idea of which pins I should shorten to "simulate" the switch? (pictures attached)
GPU Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB.
Thanks in advance!

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 21.01.19(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 21.01.19.jpeg

I doubt that someone removed these switches.

Did you plug in the 8pin power cable from the PSU to it? Which power supply and motherboard are you using?

I think that the Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB dont have a DualBios.

thanks for the feedback as first!
I am using a MSI b360 gaming plus as motherboard, and a 750W power supply, I don't think the other hw is an issue as work fine with another GPU. And yes I have plugged the 8 pin power cable.
I do suppose that the switch is missing because it is a double bios GPU, and as a confirmation I have found on internet some picture of this card with the switch! (also the instruction attached I found in the box explain this..)
So I do not need to switch beetwen the BIOS, I just want to short the pin to "simulate" the switch on a fix position and try to make the GPU work correctly. But I do not know which pins... For sure this is an issue, not sure the only one...

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-19 at 12.07.42.jpeg

Just found a Pic with the Switch maybe it would help.
fmdy87qikd951.jpg

i would bridge these two. But that is just a guess.
rx5700.jpeg

If this does not work, you can try to bridge the two outer ones.

Yes .

where did you get this card from?
is the motherboard's bios up to date?

As far as I can tell from the picture, the solder joints look as if nothing had ever been soldered there.

Edit: or well desoldered

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
not only the switch, but the resistor next to it as well. I don't think that there would be the problem of the card. why should someone disolder these components?

I also cannot understand why, anyway I confirm this was not the issue.
I bought it on a second hand market.
Tomorrow I will try to bring this to a repair shop, finger crossed...

probably not worth it, but good luck anyways

Oben Unten