Frage RX 570 bios fan control settings not working and making display run at 64hz and shows no gpu driver installed

420henny

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hi there. I own a Asrock RX 570 4GB Phantom Gaming. One of the fans is making a weird noise, im ok with it during gaming but at idle its realllllly annoying. I had a read through the redbios editor tutorial. I loaded the bios onto redbios editor, went to the "Powertune and Fans" tab. I changed "zero fan enable" to "1". I changed "zero fan stop T" to "50" and "zero fan start T" to "0". I also changed "idle pwm" to "0". I then flashed the bios (it is worth mentioning that when i entered the command shown on the tutorial page 3, "-f -p 0 xxx.rom" it said something about the "-f" command not working on the external version of flash tool 3.04+ or something to that extent but it seemed to still flash). Once PC was restarted my monitor was running at 64hz (normally runs at 144) and in the windows display adapter settings 64hz was the only option. As well as this, when i tried to open radeon software it said something about there being no driver installed or something to that extent (I can do it again and tell you the exact message if you wish). So I then flashed the original bios back onto the card using the same method and it worked and everything was back to normal ..

Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

I dont quite understand whether MorePowerTool is meant to be used. When i tried to load the bios file in MorePowerTool it came up with a message saying "not supported" or something to that extent, so I just used the Redbioseditor to change the fan settings ...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oben Unten