News RED BIOS EDITOR and MorePowerTool - Adjust and optimize your VBIOS and even more stable overclocking | Navi unlimited

Igor Wallossek

Format©
Mitarbeiter
Bewertungspunkte
Standort
Labor
Since AMD has massively restricted the use of the SoftPowerPlayTables and thus indirectly also the MorePowerTool with the Adrenaline drivers from 2020, the community mourns the former overclocking or underclocking bonus, which made the Navi cards like a Radeon RX 5700 (XT) at least a bit more interesting or efficient and was gladly taken along as a free bonus. Unfortunately, since Adrenaline 2020 this was, at least temporarily, over for the time being. But the community around the Red BIOS Rebellion Team has of course taken up this challenge.

>>> Read the complete review <<<

Does the Adrenaline 2020 driver still respect SPPT settings When They are lower than stock?
Wondering if I could use the MorePowerTool to get my undervolt & underclock to stick. Getting really sick of opening up RadeonSettings to find it has reset to stock. Considering setting maximum voltage to the auto-undervolt value of 1152.
Or will it continue to use a bad ratio and pair that voltage with a stupidly low clock speed?

Please ask him to fix 1mb bios handling. Just make use of first 512k of bios. And save also as 512k.

Good afternoon! Will RBE work with AMD RX5500XT in the future? We are from a small community of RX5500XT owners, we want to edit timings, but this is not possible right now, please help us)

Sorry, i haven't found the time to implement the 5500XT. Maybe in the future, but there are some differences and this means work.

You can find the timing straps inside the vram info table, but you will have to fix the checksum byte at offset 0x21 in the BIOS header. It is the least significant byte of the checksum of the legacy image, or image 1. The length is found at offset 0x02 right after 55 AA, and it has to be multiplied by 0x200. Any decent hex editor can calculate the checksum. Change the byte at 0x22 so the last byte of the checksum is 0x00.

Sorry, i haven't found the time to implement the 5500XT. Maybe in the future, but there are some differences and this means work.

You can find the timing straps inside the vram info table, but you will have to fix the checksum byte at offset 0x21 in the BIOS header. It is the least significant byte of the checksum of the legacy image, or image 1. The length is found at offset 0x02 right after 55 AA, and it has to be multiplied by 0x200. Any decent hex editor can calculate the checksum. Change the byte at 0x22 so the last byte of the checksum is 0x00.
Thank you for your time, I will definitely thank You! Please tell me how to calculate the checksum, there are a lot of algorithms, and where to write the result of multiplying the length and 0x200? Thanks

Dear developer, our small community of rx5500xt owners is ready to make a donation so that you can add the ability to edit the BIOS) Help us!

MPT doesn't change the max memory clock limit on 5600 XT. Changing it to a value higher than default of 930 does get registered but has no real world impact. The clocks drop back to 930/1860 Mhz.

sorry, can you explain this step better?
thanks

Yes. But i am also busy with work and other construction sites. I will try to answer your questions, but i can't do a full tutorial right now. Might find the time to help you with a mod, though. I am also in contact with another user to try if Navi14 is even possible. So far we can't unlock a locked 5500XT BIOS, only the Navi10 versions. Maybe this will change very soon, maybe not.

Hi

I got a little problem with my rx580. It seems like undervolting does not work at all. A direct edit of the values like 65288 to a fixed voltage does not work anymore. I got that. But even setting the max value to 1000mv an using a offset of 120 does not work. The card does not go any lower then 1031mv. It does not matter if i edit the bios or set lower values in Wattman. They simply get ignored. I know that the card should be working with 1100mhz@880-900mv. Radeon Driver is v21.3.1.

I attached the original vBios of my card and the one i modded with RED Bios Editor.

Maybe someone can give me a hint and explain to me why it's not working.

Thx a lot!

€dit: Just wanted to give feedback because a found the solution. The minimum gpu-voltage is linked to the vram-voltage. You can't get any lower than your vram-voltage.

Anhänge

• modded_strix.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 3
  • ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING-ORG.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 1
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello,
I want to modify my Sapphire nitro+ 6800 VGA's BIOS (11305-01-20G, https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-6800-16g-gddr6): I changed it via MPT (few things) and then saved it but when I want to open the stocked bios (.rom file) via RBE then I have the "Not supported" message. Can you help me solve this problem? I used Hive OS and I cannot really update the setting via MPT in Windows. If I know well HiveOS supported only the .rom file extension.
MPT: v.1.3.4
RBE: v.1.0.7

Anhänge

• RIG01_6os-4-RadeonRX6800-16G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-2E4392U-X5F.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 0
Oben Unten