News RED BIOS EDITOR and MorePowerTool - Adjust and optimize your VBIOS and even more stable overclocking | Navi unlimited

Igor Wallossek

Format©
Mitarbeiter
Bewertungspunkte
Standort
Labor
Since AMD has massively restricted the use of the SoftPowerPlayTables and thus indirectly also the MorePowerTool with the Adrenaline drivers from 2020, the community mourns the former overclocking or underclocking bonus, which made the Navi cards like a Radeon RX 5700 (XT) at least a bit more interesting or efficient and was gladly taken along as a free bonus. Unfortunately, since Adrenaline 2020 this was, at least temporarily, over for the time being. But the community around the Red BIOS Rebellion Team has of course taken up this challenge.

>>> Read the complete review <<<

The problem should be fixed now, v1.3.13 is online.

Hello.
Unfortunately I'm getting black screen on my RX 6400 even if I simply Load my BIOS into MorePowerTool, press "Write SPPT" and restart my PC (Black screen instead of Windows boot, it shows only logo and then black screen, mouse and keyboard turns off too (can be detected by disabled lights on them)).
GPU model is Sapphire Radeon RX 6400 PULSE.

Driver version is 22.8.1
And here is the BIOS for it, maybe it will help with debugging
Sapphire Radeon RX 6400 PULSE BIOS

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
This was because "Beige Goby" GPU's have a few more bytes at the end of the PPT. This should be fixed now.
What i can't change, if you set anything the driver don't like, and i recall with 6400/6500 it is very much everything about Overdrive and what not, you also get black screen. Try just to change the power limit, this will work. For anything else, one at a time and see how the driver reacts to that.

Thank you, it fixed the problem) But there is another one, 6400 hates any changes :D Turned off Fan zero mode? BSOD. Changed Fan min speed? BSOD. Decreased maximum clocks speed? BSOD and broken Windows loader which won't let you boot even into safe mode :D
If someone think that can get this GPU and make extremely power efficient undervolted build then know, you won't)

Hi everyone, sorry to bother. I have a rx 6700xt with some issues on vram. It only works while it is below 2ghz but the drivers gives me no option to underclock the vram, so I tried using mpt and lowering memory's dpm 3, but when I click write, there's no change at all, the frequencies still goes to 2ghz. Is there anything else I could try to underclock the vram?

hello, morepowertools has stopped working on mobile cards such as 6800m and 6600m(these are the ones i can confirm) after driver version 23.3.1 is there any workaround to fix it?

I managed to flash the modified bios on my 5700xt red devil but the core and memory clock sliders weren't extended to the new values, but when I rip bios with gpuz and check it with mpt I can see the modified clock values there.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Why doesn't it work with latest amd driver and a rx 6700 xt ?

I want to adjust when fans start and stops (50 and 60-61c is way to low)

Hi friends! Can anyone help me disable Zero RPM on my Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT?

I see that there is a Zero RPM checkbox on the Features tab, Zero RPM Control on Overdrive limits and Zero RPM Enable on the Fan tab, as well as some other related settings, but don't know which combination I should use to achieve the desired result: I want the fans to never fully stop.

I tried it on my own, but all I managed to do was to have the option disappear from the AMD Radeon Settings app.

BTW, my problem is that fans stop in "2D" mode and never really kick in, even as temps get far above the threshold. As soon as I start a game, the fans act normally and cooling works fine, but on the Desktop it's not behaving correctly.

Anyone know if it's possible for a 290X/390X to masquerade as a 260X card by changing the DeviceID, and is that possible to change via RBE? WinXP doesn't have drivers beyond 260X.
I don't have a card (yet,) so I can't test.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten