Question PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil

joperor

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I have 2 Red Devil with modified bios like @MiniMe guide says. I dont know why with the same config 1 takes 1MH less.

1610554269730.png

Im using phoenix because they are with some NVIDIA.

AMD-INFO let me this result.

1610554339197.png
Unique difference I saw is VDDCR_SOC. GPU0=793mV and GPU1=781mV. How can i fix??? Mem load in GPU 0 is higgher. Its normal they work with more MHs but I don't understand why they are not the same...

And as well the same GPU. Make some invalid and the other not. They are the same and with same bios and configs... What headache!!!

Many Thanks!!

I have 2 Red Devil with modified bios like @MiniMe guide says. I don't know why with the same config 1 takes 1MH less.

Anhang anzeigen 9815

Im using phoenix because they are with some NVIDIA.

AMD-INFO let me this result.

Anhang anzeigen 9816
Unique difference I saw is VDDCR_SOC. GPU0 = 793mV and GPU1 = 781mV. How can i fix ??? Mem load in GPU 0 is higher. Its normal they work with more MHs but I don't understand why they are not the same ...

And as well the same GPU. Make some invalid and the other not. They are the same and with same bios and configs ... What headache !!!

Many thanks!!
Please send the original backup vbios for both cards.

I cannot help. Sorry . I have open questions myself
But if you have Nvidia and AMD together in your rig its better to run 2 instances(at least I got told by miners) ...run Phoenix/lolminer or equivalent for amd and run an instance of t-rex for nvidia
Much less issues/crashes for me and more mh/s.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I cannot help. Sorry . I have open questions myself
But if you have Nvidia and AMD together in your rig its better to run 2 instances(at least I got told by miners) ...run Phoenix/lolminer or equivalent for amd and run an instance of t-rex for nvidia
Much less issues/crashes for me and more mh/s.
OK. Im a bit short of pcie free slots but i can do something.
Thank you for your tip!

Hi,
let me clarify
2 'instances' of Miner software
one CMD Prompt to start your AMD miner and another to start your NVIDIA Miner

Hi! sorry for the delay. I have been renewing my cave and I could not have do anything. Now im ON.

I still have the problem I have to try some things more.
1612259667789.png
As you can see the other RedDevils works fine but i have 2 black sheeps.

I dont know if look the thermal pads or somethink related with de heat on GPU7. And GPU10 getting invalid shares.... They have all the same vbios. Also I want to test some conectors and risers to stay sure that is not the problem.

I'll report when I tested the rig.

I accept all your ideas to try!

A few things
You are killing you gpu with 24/7 over 80 deg
Take it off the rig put new thermal pads and paste on it . I would not run it like this

Rather have a mH less then kill em . I have 2 X 5700Xt and the Samsung memory one . the one you have runs cool . So it s definitely not the card it should not hit 80 ?
Maybe clock it down a bit
52 is enough ? why push for the last 2 mh? is it worth killing the card ?
Also did u mod the bios ?

Look at my setup here I cant get the micron 57000 XT to hit 50 but i am not pushing it ...see temps .
On the other hand , if i run all AMDs on TRM i get 55 on both 5700Xt and the vega (64 flashed to 52 ).Even the RX 480 hits 30 then but i run dual Dag so I cant use the juicy speed of TRM mode B

1612266206933.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
A few things
take it off put new thermal pads and paste on it . I would run it like this

Rather have a mH less then kill em . I have 2 X 5700Xt and the Samsung memory one . the one you have runs cool . So it s definitely not the card it should not hit 80 ?

Look at my setup here I cant get the micron 57000 XT to hit 50 but iam not pushing it ...see temps .
On the other hand , if i run all AMDs on TRM i get 55 on both 5700Xt and the vega (64 flashed to 52 ).Even the RX 480 hits 30 then but i run dual Dag so I cant use the juicy speed of TRM mode B

Anhang anzeigen 10721
No worries, it is fine as long as there is a good strategy, for an example, one can run the memory at a temperature near 95 °C or above 85 °C with high hashrate like 58.6 MH/s then after approximately 48 hour one can give the card a rest of 1 hour then continue again.

Wow...95 ?
I been told by seasoned miners don't run hot .Yes it works but it kills your card quickly..
my rig doesn't get a rest :) i wont allow more then 78 on the memory

Wow...95 ?
I been told by seasoned miners don't run hot .Yes it works but it kills your card quickly..
my rig doesn't get a rest :) i wont allow more then 78 on the memory
For 24/7 operation non stop then it is highly recommended below 75 °C,

Please check the guide below for verified real information which is not based on trial and error,

A few things
Take it off the rig put new thermal pads and paste on it . I would not run it like this

Look at my setup here I cant get the micron 57000 XT to hit 50 but i am not pushing it ...see temps .

Anhang anzeigen 10721
I know its not advisable the heat 84c. I let the cards some rest when I test some configs or when Im working there. I would prefer works under 75c, this is the objective!. Im working on the cave ventilation and ill try some other OC less agresives. All other cards works cool (which means that there is not so much heat on the ambient) with decent MHs and modded vbios.

That's my problem. Assuming that all the cards are the same, why is there this difference in temperatures? As I said on the previous post I will have to see if there are any errors with the thermal pads or I dont know, may be its a defective card after all.

I know its not advisable the heat 84c. I let the cards some rest when I test some configs or when Im working there. I would prefer works under 75c, this is the objective!. Im working on the cave ventilation and ill try some other OC less agresives. All other cards works cool (which means that there is not so much heat on the ambient) with decent MHs and modded vbios.

That's my problem. Assuming that all the cards are the same, why is there this difference in temperatures? As I said on the previous post I will have to see if there are any errors with the thermal pads or I dont know, may be its a defective card after all.
I believe most likely it is a selecon lottery,

I recommend to decrease the memory clock until the desired temperature is reached.

Hi! sorry for the delay. I have been renewing my cave and I could not have do anything. Now im ON.

I still have the problem I have to try some things more.
Anhang anzeigen 10705
As you can see the other RedDevils works fine but i have 2 black sheeps.

I dont know if look the thermal pads or somethink related with de heat on GPU7. And GPU10 getting invalid shares.... They have all the same vbios. Also I want to test some conectors and risers to stay sure that is not the problem.

I'll report when I tested the rig.

I accept all your ideas to try!

@joperor

Just try this and after 12hours this seems ok but need wait 1-2days to confirm
1612321415258.png

@Mini_Me
For MEM temp
My powercolor look ok (noon 76C and night 74C)
but my asus a bit strange, whole day 78C. I try MEM clock 900 and 890 same also (78C).
Only if i turn ON air Con will decrease 2C to 76C

@SlowMo
wow this looks great
I like the low temp and 55 ? gj
I flashed and set the apple straps as per the excelled guide form MinMe but my cards just dont get there :(
I can ..53-54 Yes but then it gets hot ...

A word on lottery
Yes it is:) A lottery . You can have the exact same cards and they don't perform exact same
Its juts the lottery of silicone
And when i say temp i talk about Memory temp
they are crucial to the long life of your card
if they really run 24/7 u do not want 80 !

Oben Unten