Question PowerColor AXRX 5600 XT 6GBD6-3DHV2/OC unlocking

TicoDePano

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hi, I bought this PowerColor RX 5600 XT card (https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1583481410) and bricked it modding with MPT and RBE.
But I backed the original BIOS up with GPU-Z.
Could you unlock it, @Mini_Me, please?
Thanks to you and the others for all the valuable info available here.

Anhänge

• 017.001.000.068.000000.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 13
Hi @Mini_Me , sorry, but i need some help.
I had to buy a new motherboard (BIOSTAR H410MH) and processor (CELERON G5905) because my old desktop stopped working and i was using one server (linux only) to do my tests, but i realized that i need windows to flash the card.
I modified the values with MPT and RBE, according to your points in your tutorials, and flashed with amdvbflash 3.0.4+ correctly. After restart, the system doesn`t boot, it beeps but only an underscore is shown in the screen (onboard vga). The system uses UEFI with CSM disabled.
Do you have any hint to help me save my only card?
Thank you for your time.

Hi @Mini_Me , sorry, but i need some help.
I had to buy a new motherboard (BIOSTAR H410MH) and processor (CELERON G5905) because my old desktop stopped working and i was using one server (linux only) to do my tests, but i realized that i need windows to flash the card.
I modified the values with MPT and RBE, according to your points in your tutorials, and flashed with amdvbflash 3.0.4+ correctly. After restart, the system doesn`t boot, it beeps but only an underscore is shown in the screen (onboard vga). The system uses UEFI with CSM disabled.
Do you have any hint to help me save my only card?
Thank you for your time.
Hi and welcome,

Please follow the steps below to recover the bricked gpu if a cpu with integrated gpu is on board,

- Disconnect your bricked gpu card,

- Connect the onboard integrated gpu to the display using a VGA cable,

- Clear CMOS and update the motherboard bios to the latest version if it is not updated yet,

- In the motherboard bios, set the Initial display output and choose the onboard integrated gpu IGFX as the first display,

- Reconnect the bricked gpu to the motherboard,

- Save the bios setting and reboot,

- Download Rufus program from the official link below, and make a FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

- Download the Amdvbflash_DOS_v4.68 from the link below, and extract the amdvbflash.exe to the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive,

- Disable secure boot in the motherboard bios setting, and your OS whether it is HiveOS or Windows 10 must be installed on an MBR partition,

- Keep the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive connected,

- Restart the pc and when the motherboard on loading screen, press F12 and choose from the boot menu, the FreeDOS bootable USB flash drive, and enter these commands below:

amdvbflash.exe -i
Press Enter

It will show you the gpu adapters list occupying the pcie slots for an example if there is only one gpu then its adapter number will be 0.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
Press Enter

It will unlock the gpu chip for flashing if it is locked.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -s 0 chooseAname.rom
Press Enter

To make a backup of the gpu bios if needed.
###########
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 OriginalBackupVBios.ROM
Press Enter

To flash the bios, here - fa to force the flash in case of error.
###########

- Wait for the update to complete and reboot.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hard times making it boot into DOS with video.

1611688269732.png

It only works with VGA cable, not HDMI (only in UEFI, but DOS without video).
I will try to reflash now with the riser.

Yes, under FREEDOS and with the riser i could reflash with the original bios.
Now, triyng to reflash again with the riser your unlocked ROMs, it doesn't flash anymore, even on Windows.
I will try again directly in Windows without the riser and without any modification in the ROMs to see if it works and not hangs at boot.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, under FREEDOS and with the riser i could reflash with the original bios.
Now, triyng to reflash again with the riser your unlocked ROMs, it doesn't flash anymore, even on Windows.
I will try again directly in Windows without the riser and without any modification in the ROMs to see if it works and not hangs at boot.
Thanks for your help.
I look forward to your update, if this vbios does not work properly then I will send you another one.

Trying to flash from Windows, seems i have a diferent problem now to flash a custom ROM.
1611755600087.png
There is an error in the onborad GPU, i am looking to solve this problem to see if amdvbflash works again.

Yes, i had flashed one of your modified ROMs (and me, in RBE) that don't works in the same system. Now seems a driver error or some other inconsistency after reflashed back to stock in FREEDOS.
I wlil try revert Windows back in time when i go home. Or i will reinstall Windows again to see if nothing works. I tried some settings in BIOS, but none made any difference.

Yes, i had flashed one of your modified ROMs (and me, in RBE) that don't works in the same system. Now seems a driver error or some other inconsistency after reflashed back to stock in FREEDOS.
I wlil try revert Windows back in time when i go home. Or i will reinstall Windows again to see if nothing works. I tried some settings in BIOS, but none made any difference.
Please first flash the unlocked vbios without modification to check is it working properly by following the guide in the kindly attached link,

News.
In Windows Safe Mode there is not conflicts with GPUs and i was able to reflash your first ROM without modifications. But Windows and Linux hangs before the login screen is displayed. Linux recorded some errors in journal, but Windows does not recorded any event.
With your second ROM, SUCCESS!!!
I did not any custom modifications and the conflict with onboard GPU stays in Windows, but it works like original.
Tomorrow i will apply Apple straps according to your post on page 32.
Thanks.

I reinstalled Windows (MBR disk now), but the conflict between RX5600 and Intel UHD 610 stays. Tried a lot more settings in BIOS, but no way.
I reflashed your second ROM and modified it according page 32 for RX5700 (non XT) and additionally:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
DS_GFXCLK: Uncheck (Disable)
GFXOFF: Check (Enable)
ACDC: Check (Enable)
TDP 120 W
TDC GFX 120 A
TDC SoC 12 A
Yes, it works fine in my preliminary tests, around 42 and 43 MH/S depending on core and memory settings.
I will test power consumption at wall tomorrow, i will return to inform the numbers and about stability.
Thanks a lot for your great work, help and unlocked BIOS!!!

I reinstalled Windows (MBR disk now), but the conflict between RX5600 and Intel UHD 610 stays. Tried a lot more settings in BIOS, but no way.
I reflashed your second ROM and modified it according page 32 for RX5700 (non XT) and additionally:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
DS_GFXCLK: Uncheck (Disable)
GFXOFF: Check (Enable)
ACDC: Check (Enable)
TDP 120 W
TDC GFX 120 A
TDC SoC 12 A
Yes, it works fine in my preliminary tests, around 42 and 43 MH/S depending on core and memory settings.
I will test power consumption at wall tomorrow, i will return to inform the numbers and about stability.
Thanks a lot for your great work, help and unlocked BIOS!!!
You are welcome.

I ended setting core clock to 1100 MHz and memory clock to 930 (1860MHz), resulting in 43.4 MH/s.
At wall, mining at that speed with the riser and a 120mm fan, it is pulling ~126 watts (these 3 components together). It seems a good number for me.
I removed the backplate, the card is out of the case and the fan is pushing air directly to the PCB, but the memory temp is ~90C. Room temp i guess between 25C and 30C.
When i opened it, i just removed the backplate because the thermal pads seemed good and i only had thermal grizzly 1mm. It didn't fit, i thought in put a thin copper plate between the pads and the heatsink.
Do you have any suggestion regarding the memory temps?
Thank you!

I ended setting core clock to 1100 MHz and memory clock to 930 (1860MHz), resulting in 43.4 MH/s.
At wall, mining at that speed with the riser and a 120mm fan, it is pulling ~126 watts (these 3 components together). It seems a good number for me.
I removed the backplate, the card is out of the case and the fan is pushing air directly to the PCB, but the memory temp is ~90C. Room temp i guess between 25C and 30C.
When i opened it, i just removed the backplate because the thermal pads seemed good and i only had thermal grizzly 1mm. It didn't fit, i thought in put a thin copper plate between the pads and the heatsink.
Do you have any suggestion regarding the memory temps?
Thank you!
Have you tried the memory setting below yet?

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD,

- 1100 MHz, 700 or 750 mV : 900 (1800/2) MHz, 840 mV, 1350 mV.

I'm using a Debian based system where the GPU lives and i don't know where to read/write VDDCI and MVDD yet.
My miner doesn't have this capability.
I'm looking where these configurations are.

Oben Unten