Question Pc shuts off and turns back again on when Windows 10 was loading,getting devices read

sew333

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hi pc:
12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73
2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1
RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5
SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE
Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading first time ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.
Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again ,when windows 10 was configuring first time on new platform ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.
It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.

But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that. Thank you so much my friends.

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.
You did not do a fresh install of Win during hardware change?
Then the problem is very likely caused by the wrong chipset driver (from old z490) still configured in Win registry.

It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu. I am worried. So what now?

"

Sora

"its the psu buddy, i told you it'd start to behave like this ages ago. your psu cannot handle the startup currents without registering an overload event."

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Your Win installation is corrupted because you kept your existing OS configuration whilst changing the mainboard.
Your new mainboard has a different chipset than the one before.
The chipset needs drivers which come with the specific model of every board and are not interchangeable from one board to another.
The chipset controls everything connected to the board, all bus lanes, data lines, periphals and so on.
When you install these drivers, the settings are written into the Win registry file, so that the OS can properly function.
You momentarily have a Win install based on the settings of a Z490 board, but your actual board is a Z690.
So you have a wrong chipset driver, which means read/write access of HDDs/SSDs is corrupted.
Resulting in Win failing to boot up correctly.

You might try a repair installation via the advanced startup options.
But I recommend a fresh and clean new install.

That is normal (re-)starting behaviour due to failed boot procedure.

I know you're somewhat fixated on your PSU being faulty.
In fact you still bring up the old discussion when someone "told you it would go faulty ages ago".
But you DID change your 850W against that new 1300W PSU since that last thread, and that was only some weeks ago.
Don't you see thats not (chrono-)logical?
You seem to mislead yourself here somehow.

So its ok? I mean dont worry about that psu shutdown ( click ) and reboot itself up, when booting first time windows 10,on new platform?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
So we are at that point again. 😀

It isn't ok just because I say so. Neither is it faulty just because you insist.
Nothing changes due to the fact that I or you or anybody else says/writes here or anywhere to confirm or decline something.

Act and find out.

There's some little relay doing that click sound when PSU is activated or deactivated.
My PSUs also make that sound, and they both work perfectly (a BeQuiet Straight Power 750W, and also an Enermax Platimax 1050W)
They both do click on normal startup and also when switched off. after normal windows shutdown.
Of course also after a hard-switch or because of AC loss.
But that might be percieved differently, because then everything turns off/gets instantly dark and silent, so its a different sensation.

You probably have missed that your PSU also does that click when you press the power button, because the power button probably also makes some click sound.

Of course we could have different understandings about "click".
Does your "click" include sparks, flames, fume or similar?
If not, then it is normal behaviour.

I mean psu click like on shutdown. It happened before first windows 10 boot on new motherboard. It turned off<clicked>and rebooted again itself .

Sorry I give up here.
I tried what I can to explain you things, and gave a proposal what you should do next.
You keep asking the same question in different ways.

When Windows 10 was loading first time on new motherboard ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted normally to Getting Devices Ready %.

Just before moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

Is this ok?

It´s ok, while win10 is configuring itself, it can restart itself without warnings that it will do so. If this never happens again, you are safe.

Are you sure that it rebooted completely or did it just turn black and then on again, like during video card driver installation?

The PSU does have 12 years of warranty nontheless. If it will happen again, RMA it, but I really doubt it´s a hardware failure if it just happend once and while installing/prepairing Windows, don´t worry.

Be sure the PSU is connected correctly like the manual of the seasonic describes it.

Oben Unten