Question MSI 6900xt bios won't load in Red BIOS Editor

Ratty13

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
I get the error message "Not Supported" when trying to load my MSI 6900xt BIOS in Red BIOS Editor.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Does my 6900xt have a strange BIOS that can't be read?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Ok. I completely misunderstood the instructions that indicated that the "Write SPPT" button was not to be used. I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to raise the power limit, thinking I needed to use Red Bios Editor to import changes from morepowertool and then flash the BIOS. On top of this, I failed to notice the drop down menu at the top in morepowertool, so experimentally clicking "Write SPPT" did nothing.

It wasn't until I read the comments on a youtube video that I found that the "write SPPT" button in morepowertool does, in fact, work. I then noticed the empty dropdown menu, experimentally clicked on it, and noticed my video card in the list. After selecting my video card, clicking "write SPPT" resulted in a confirmation message. Restarting the computer and testing a benchmark showed the power setting was raised.

I'm leaving this here just in case some other morepowertool newbie comes along.

Ok. I completely misunderstood the instructions that indicated that the "Write SPPT" button was not to be used. I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to raise the power limit, thinking I needed to use Red Bios Editor to import changes from morepowertool and then flash the BIOS. On top of this, I failed to notice the drop down menu at the top in morepowertool, so experimentally clicking "Write SPPT" did nothing.

It wasn't until I read the comments on a youtube video that I found that the "write SPPT" button in morepowertool does, in fact, work. I then noticed the empty dropdown menu, experimentally clicked on it, and noticed my video card in the list. After selecting my video card, clicking "write SPPT" resulted in a confirmation message. Restarting the computer and testing a benchmark showed the power setting was raised.

I'm leaving this here just in case some other morepowertool newbie comes along.
I don't quite understand it. I am trying to change the min GFX Frequency from 500 to 1200, if I try to save it with "write SPPT", after restarting nothing happens. On the other hand the BIOS file is also not supported by RBE.
How can I change this value?

Oben Unten