AMD MorePowerTool MPT Beta-Programm – neue Features, die Community testet

Thank you so much! I have admin rights and run MPT as admin but no difference.

I found the registry key but don't know how to proceed. I saved the modified SPPT as a registry file. Attached is a screenshot of my registry. Could this have something to do with me always installing new drivers with a factory reset? Perhaps the new drivers don't create the necessary registry naming and the old entry is deleted?

Anhänge

• Screenshot (74).png
    Screenshot (74).png
    754,1 KB · Aufrufe : 33
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
No, that is not the right address. CurrentControlSet, the active one. Also, the Key with the digits is a "subfolder". There is only one active, Windows creates those keys every time a new card is found.

I think I've found the correct key (see attachment) but am unsure what to do next. Thanks again for your help and patience.

Anhänge

• Screenshot (75).png
    Screenshot (75).png
    957 KB · Aufrufe : 24
I see that DDU did it's job. How do I add the MPT reg file?

Anhänge

• Screenshot (78).png
    Screenshot (78).png
    290,6 KB · Aufrufe : 29
Never mind, I figured it out. I confirmed that "0000" is my RX 6600, applied the modified SPPT registry file from MPT and my power limit is now 125w rather than 100w. Still no idea why MPT doesn't work for me but happy to get the result. Thanks again!

I don't know why MPT can't access the registry on your system. We had that problem with the 32bit versions and W10 21H2, since 1.3.9 this shouldn't be an issue. So admin rights was what i thought of first.
With W11, well, there is a joke among developers, "runs on my machine". I will keep an eye out, pls write if you find the reason/solution.

I will definitely post back if I ever figure out why it didn't work or if it starts working after another driver update, etc. It could have something to do with my current Windows installation being upgraded from Vista-7-8-10-11 without a clean install. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Now that I understand how to write, save and apply the registry settings, I'm a very happy gamer.

LOL at the developer joke! There is a similar joke among home builders, "It looks good from my house".

One more question: Is it okay to keep overwriting the SPPT registry settings for changes or should I delete old SPPT data before adding new SPPT changes? Thanks again!

No, it just overwrites the old SPPT entry, no need to delete it first.

But you can edit a retgistry file to delete the SPPT entry, if you wish. Just replace the data after '=' with a '-'.

Thanks again!

FWIW there are a few others on Reddit with the same MPT issue as me. I am trying to help one guy with the same GPU and Windows 11 for whom MPT behaves exactly as it does for me.

Hm. I am using the latest Windows API, and since this problem occurs only on some systems, has to be a reason for that.

Your account is Administrator? Your User Account Controls? Some Group Policies? That would be the admin rights and allowed access part. The other thing would be an outdated or incompatible way to access the registry.

I wish I could be more help. Perhaps there is some relevant info in the attached screenshot.

Anhänge

• Screenshot (83).png
    Screenshot (83).png
    995,5 KB · Aufrufe : 33
Is there any antivirus software installed on your system?

Hello, I just wanted to report that MPT now recognizes my MSI Mech2 RX 6600 and will write the sppt to the registry. I wish I could report what changed to enable it to work however I have no idea. It just started working.

Thank you for your reply. I tried to fix this issue with v1.3.11, but i guess it was only optimizations. I didn't found anything that was a real issue with the WinAPI functions related to the registry.
Anyway, i am glad MPT is now working on your system. :)

MPT can't find my RX 6600 again after updating to Adrenalin 22.6.1. Which is the latest version? I had 1.39.10 but recently downloaded 1.39.9 and installed it hoping that it might find my GPU. It did not. Not complaining, just FYI.

Okay, I found 1.3.12 and installed it. No difference, GPU still not found. The only change that I can think of was the adrenalin driver update.

Do we really need to set some ridiculous power and current limits for GPU OC, when we could just disable PPT and/or TDC throttlers by unchecking the respective checkboxes in a feature flags popup?

I also think it's some kind of loadline calibration
Unlikely. Rather droop settings looks the most like it. At least I could stabilize GFX clock two steps above previously max stable in TS GT2, by lowering default 0.22V to 0.175 for the highest frequency range.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten