AMD MorePowerTool MPT Beta-Programm – neue Features, die Community testet

So I overclocked the FLCK from 1740 to 2200 and I gained +100 points in Timespy Extreme, but ran in some instability. Lowered it to 2000mhz, I will test again.

@hellm ,
zur Info . Wenn ich mit dem MPT das LC Bios lade , ändere ich den Speichertakt auf 1075 mhz . Im WM bleibt die Angabe von 3215mhz (links) und der Schiebregler bewegt sich seiten verkehrt ( nach rechts ) auf 0 . Weiterhin läßt sich daß , mit anderen Bios - Überschreibungen nicht ändern , muß den Treiber neu installieren . Karte ist eine Powercolor 6800RD Limited Edition . Ansonsten Supertool .

Danke. Ich denke mal du wirst die Overdrive Limits an deinen GPU anpassen müssen, sonst fährt dir der Treiber rein. Leider bleiben wir ja auf die PPTable beschränkt, und da hat der Treiber ein Auge auf maximal zulässige Taktlimits und Spannungen. Leider. Das eine Neuinstallation nötig ist, noch ärgerlicher.

A few issues I've noticed with changes made via MPT 1.3.7b4

- Setting memory clock above 2150 forces GPU clock down to ~500MHz (note: also experienced this issue with v1.3.5)
- Changing fan curves / target temps breaks the fan control via WattMan completely (stuck at 25% PWM all temps)

Two things MPT can't do anything about. First, the firmware has limits for clock rates on memory and GPU, also a limit for GFX-voltage. If you go above these, the driver will keep your card in a fail safe state. We can't overwrite these limits in the firmware, only the PowerPlay table. Second, if the driver can't make any sense of your settings, like overdrive limits conflicting with other settings, wattman might freak out.
If you can make sure none of these two scenarios fit, there might be a bug in MPT like writing to a wrong offset or something. But keep in mind, it is only a tool for writing a SPPT (SoftPowerPlayTable, the name of the registry entry) into the registry, overwriting the PPTable in your firmware of your graphics card.

Also ich habe gestern mal so nebenbei mit der Beta gebencht . Grade in bezug auf den Fclk und Boost fclk Takt. bin aktuell bei 2000/2000 und konnte meinen maximalen GFX Score bei Timesspy noch mal anheben:

About the wrong offset, that really shouldn't happen. I do check twice, even for the beta versions, if something is very wrong. Basically i compare the output with the input, and if a value can be modified and also reverted to original state. But there could be bugs, so i am very thankful about any reply. Without that we couldn't release a stable version.

I
Two things MPT can't do anything about. First, the firmware has limits for clock rates on memory and GPU, also a limit for GFX-voltage. If you go above these, the driver will keep your card in a fail safe state. We can't overwrite these limits in the firmware, only the PowerPlay table. Second, if the driver can't make any sense of your settings, like overdrive limits conflicting with other settings, wattman might freak out.
If you can make sure none of these two scenarios fit, there might be a bug in MPT like writing to a wrong offset or something. But keep in mind, it is only a tool for writing a SPPT (SoftPowerPlayTable, the name of the registry entry) into the registry, overwriting the PPTable in your firmware of your graphics card.
Thanks for your response, I thought this might be the problem.

I hoped that maybe the team had worked out a way to bypass the firmware check as the article mentioned that the beta MPT unlocked the memory speed in wattman.

I’ll do some more testing with the beta next time I’m playing with benchmarks and MPT and report back!

Hi. I flashed my asus dual rx6700xt bios with actual rbe beta and mpt beta (i tried downvolting gpu to 600mv with new powerplay). Now this card not work. After flashing Amdvbflash can't read device rom. Card works just with second vbios (quiet mode). How can i restore original (power mode) bios?
PS sorry for my bad English

Then you won the price this time. I have somehow forgotten to remove the RDNA2 "support". We tried to unlock RDNA2, but we weren't much successful. So, you found the leftovers and a construction site. All you can do with RBE Beta is to load a mpt file and correct the checksum byte at the begining. Your card won't boot with it because the firmware will still shutdown your GPU if it was tampered with.

But you are lucky, because your card owns a BIOS switch. Just boot with your working BIOS, flip the switch while running (yes), and look twice to make sure the switch is really not on the position of your working BIOS. Then flash original power mode BIOS. Reboot.

Then you won the price this time. I have somehow forgotten to remove the RDNA2 "support". We tried to unlock RDNA2, but we weren't much successful. So, you found the leftovers and a construction site. All you can do with RBE Beta is to load a mpt file and correct the checksum byte at the begining. Your card won't boot with it because the firmware will still shutdown your GPU if it was tampered with.

But you are lucky, because your card owns a BIOS switch. Just boot with your working BIOS, flip the switch while running (yes), and look twice to make sure the switch is really not on the position of your working BIOS. Then flash original power mode BIOS. Reboot.
Ok. Thanks. I'll try to do it. I made backup vbios

Next time, try to flash the silent version, as they tend to be the unlocked ones. At least on Navi10, i don't think we are that lucky with Navi2X.

So this means that there is currently no way to increase the voltage of the 6600xt beyond the 1.15v? Is this correct? MPT causes it to get locked to 500mhz, and the RBE and flash tool will brick/break the BIOS?

I'm stuck at 1.15v and there is no way to increase it right now?

That's exactly how it is.

Hab mal bissi den FclkBoost getestet:
boostfclk.JPG
Das größte Delta ist 121 pkt.

Wie es scheint tut das garnix. Vieleicht gibt es eine abhängigkeit mit was anderem, oder das ist wie die drossel bei zu hoher Temp einsetzt
( habe keine hohen Temps ).

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Habe mal Stock,SVO a+und GFXmin Voltage 1V gegenübergestellt. Im Firestrike GPU Test 1. Sind nicht viele datenpunkte aber immerhin.
GFX-SOC Voltage.JPG
Einzig bei SVO a auf einem positiven wert macht einen unterschied, und zwar nur bei der SOC Voltage. Gut die flanken unterscheiden sich ein wenig, aber dafür sind es eigentlich zu wenige messpunkte.

Also ist das SVO nicht auf GFX bezogen, sondern den Soc? Das kann gut möglich sein, dann sollte AVFS Override aber auf GFX wirken? Nachdem ich für Beta8 den Curve-Tab auch noch vollgepackt habe, schmeiß ich AVFS glaub ich wieder raus. SVO für GFX und Soc, oder mach etwas völlig anderes..

Also ist das SVO nicht auf GFX bezogen, sondern den Soc? Das kann gut möglich sein, dann sollte AVFS Override aber auf GFX wirken? Nachdem ich für Beta8 den Curve-Tab auch noch vollgepackt habe, schmeiß ich AVFS glaub ich wieder raus. SVO für GFX und Soc, oder mach etwas völlig anderes..
Bin gerade bei den Linear Droop mit aufzutragen ( erkenntnis LD 5 sollte nicht unter der max GFX Hz sein ).
AVFS Override kommt als nächstes, muss ich den hacken setzen?

Ja gab ja schon berichte das SVO nur auf den SOC wirkt, wollte das mal nachtesten.

Edit min max GFX Hz

Ja, AVFS Override muss erst aktiviert werden.

Gibt ja 2 Einträge zum SVO, jetzt wissen wir auch, warum. Beim AVFS übrigens auch, da habe ich allerdings den ersten genommen. Also kleine Abstimmung, wer will SVO, wer lieber AVFS Override? Gehupft oder gesprungen?

Linear Droop mit aufgetragen.
Deutlichen einfluss auf die GFX Voltage. Habe der einfacheit halber die zugehörigen Hz manipuliert.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten