AMD MorePowerTool - AMD Radeon RX 5700 und RX 5700 XT Tweaking and Overclocking Software | Download

Igor Wallossek

Format©
Mitarbeiter
Bewertungspunkte
Standort
Labor
Hier geht es zur deutschen Version!

The MorePowerTool for the AMD Radeon RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT

We are happy that our community member hellm has finished the software MorePowerTool (MPT for short) for the release and that we can offer this software here on our RTG page exclusively for download as well as the direct support in the forum. For the installation and use of the software you have to follow some hints and rules, which we would like to put in front of our manual and the download.

>>> Please click here for the original review <<<

Chapeau an alle Beteiligten! Tolle Arbeit. Ist die Namensgebung eigentlich an den großen, neuzeitlichen, englischen Philosophen angelehnt?

hallo ! will there be a radeon VII version, or does it already work with radeon VII ? thanks !

with the next update, very soon. :)

A few words about MPT 1.0.5 release. You can now extract the PowerPlay Table of your card from a BIOS file. This makes any database i would have to update obsolete. And everything the vendors change in comparsion to the reference table you can see/change with MPT. This should give you enough opportunities to mod your card on your behalf even beyond overclocking limits.

Yes. Just save your BIOS with gpuz or atiflash to a .rom file, then open it with the "Load SPPT" button.

Hey is there any alternative that works in place of Wattman? It resets to default to often and I've found AfterBurner buggy to seemingly dangerous. Causing from what GPU-z is reporting my core clock to hit 2600+ before crashing. I think the afterburner values are off. AB does not apply the correct values. A million thanks for MPT.

Yes, i have my experiences with Wattman, too. Back with Polaris there was WattTool, which also made use of AMD Display Library. I think OverdriveNTool does also, but it hasn't been updated since VII. It might work with Navi cards as well, i don't know.

update:
version 1.1 is now online; you can edit max/min settings for the fine grained DPM of GFX/SoC and also the 4 discrete mem dpm levels.
..also, it's now possible to save your settings to a file. :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hm i see memory dpm states were added but idk if they are working seeing as my 5700xt stays at 950mhz which is the 3rd state. Is downclocking on the memory not working with morepwertool or am i doing something wrong everything else is fine its just i noticed my memory doesn't downclock now.?

This is no workaround, MPT overwrites the power play table from the BIOS. Some bytes could have no meaning because they are not implemented or whatever, but since all the frequency tables are there.. it should be where the driver gets the info about clock rates from. If the settings make no sense for the driver, everything can happen.

So I tried the latest build on my rx5700 gaming oc. I backed up the stock vbios so I can easily get everything back to stock just in case then I got to tweaking.
Very easy to use and intuitive altogether.
BUT, and it's a big but right now. I used msi afterburner to play with the frequencies, values, etc. Everything nice and well UNTIL I set the memory clock to max just to see if could go anything above the normal numbers. It did but now the memory clock goes all the way up to 1700mhz and it looks like that's the minimum I can go, with 1900mhz max. I don't know what the heck happened but I'm not sure that high a frequency is actually good at all. And I have no clue how to make it go back to stock. And yes, I restored the stock values and evem flashed the backed up stock vbios which I had on hand from the beginning. I'm a bit worried, TBH.

I dumped the (secondary) bios of my Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT and loaded it with MPT. Are you sure you are correctly parsing the memory DPM values? They seem way too low. As a matter of fact the OS (macOS in that case) crashes when it applies the SoftPowerPlayTable when I am using these values in my table.

Another value which seems way to low is the memory maximum clock:

The read out is ok. The 2nd BIOS is the Silent BIOS.

I am thinking of using MorePowerTool on Gigabyte 5700 Gaming OC which has only one BIOS and I do not want to flash the BIOS in case something bad happens. Does MorePowerTool modify only the registry or does it modify anything in the card and I could void the warranty?

Thanks

You will lose nothing. The MPT is only registry, no hardware changes :)

Oben Unten