AMD Help in underclocking or modifying 5500XT bios

lordaine

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hello, I thought it was the problem of the AMD drivers that most of my games crashes and it turns out, it was the boost clock of my msi 5500xt oc 4gb. When I underclock it to 1750, everything works fine now. No more issues at all.

Please, if anyone can modify this bios below, any help would be greatly appreciated. Just lowering the Boost Clock from 1845 MHz to 1750, or anyone can please point me to the right person. Thanks!

RBE doesn't support 5500XT for now
:(

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/218498/msi-rx5500xt-4096-191210

Hello, I thought it was the problem of the AMD drivers that most of my games crashes and it turns out, it was the boost clock of my msi 5500xt oc 4gb. When I underclock it to 1750, everything works fine now. No more issues at all.

Please, if anyone can modify this bios below, any help would be greatly appreciated. Just lowering the Boost Clock from 1845 MHz to 1750, or anyone can please point me to the right person. Thanks!

RBE doesn't support 5500XT for now
:(

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/218498/msi-rx5500xt-4096-191210
Greetings and welcome,

Do you still need the modification?

I don't want to steal your job, but it's because I like learning:)
Not at all, It is not about a job or anything,
Actually I am like you, learning at the meantime,

Regarding finding the memory straps, let us say the 1550 MHz one for RX 5700 or 5600, first load your vbios in the RedBiosEditor and under vram timings choose the available memory type let us say here Samsung then go to the 1550 strap and copy the first double digit must be non zero like 00 and click on ctrl+F to open the search window of hxd and click on hex tab and paste the digits and click search all, at the bottom a list will be shown there see which one match the strap and start from there.

Not at all, It is not about a job or anything,
Actually I am like you, learning at the meantime,

Regarding finding the memory straps, let us say the 1550 MHz one for RX 5700 or 5600, first load your vbios in the RedBiosEditor and under vram timings choose the available memory type let us say here Samsung then go to the 1550 strap and copy the first double digit must be non zero like 00 and click on ctrl+F to open the search window of hxd and click on hex tab and paste the digits and click search all, at the bottom a list will be shown there see which one match the strap and start from there.
Perfect for 5700 and 5600.
But for the 5500 that you don't have the comparison with RBE how do you do?

Perfect for 5700 and 5600.
But for the 5500 that you don't have the comparison with RBE how do you do?
The RX 5500 needs extra work as most of these cards have new memory models and investigation is required,

I believe you can still use the same methode with the RX 5700 as I believe the straps of 5500 are almost the same as 5700, you give it a try.

Please test the vbios in the kindly attached link below,

I believe you have a second gpu or a cpu with integrated gpu to revert back in case of failure and you have sufficient knowledge to do that, correct?
@Mini_Me Thanks for all your investigation and work about the RX cards.
What do you think we can expect mining wise from a straped 5500XT? Will we get to 30MH/s, or is that too much to hope for?
You almost make me buy one on a hunch XD

Oben Unten