Question Help, i need to Recover a bricked Vega 56

Jacoposerafino

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hi, i'm new to this forum and i hope someone will be kind enough to lend me a hand.

I have a bricked Gigabyte Vega 56. The previous owner tried to flash it with a Vega 64 bios and bricked it.
I tried to recover it with amdvbflash tool but to no avail.
I'm using the integrated graphics of the cpu to be able to boot into windows 7.
I downloaded the most recent bios for this card from the vga bios repository at techpowerup and tried to flash it with the following command:
amdvbflash -p 0 Bios.rom
but i get an SSID mismatch error and a 0FL01 error

I tried using the -f flag to force the flash but it says that -f option is not supported in external version of the tool.

I then tried to use amdvbflashWin tool downloaded from techpowerup and i am able to use the -f flag to force the flash but i still get the 0FL01 error and it says Rom not erased.

Do you have any idea on how to fix it?

If i get one of those cheap SPI programmers should i be able to make it work again?

Thank you in advance

J.

Anhänge

• immagineflash.png
    immagineflash.png
    14,3 KB · Aufrufe : 14
Sure, i used the version 3.04+ at first but since i could't use the -f flag with it i downloaded the latest version of amdvbflash from techpowerup.

Well, it didn't work. I still get the 0FL01 error.

Today the SPI programmer that i had ordered arrived. It's the CH341A. It correctly identifies the bios chip as a GD 25Q41 and manages to flash the correct stock Bios. But even so the card is not recognized correctly by the pc.
If i use amdvbflash -i once i get a test fail but the second time it works. (see picture)
The interesting thing is that the rom size shown is 80000 (512kb) while the bios size is 256kb.
I checked online and that chip is really twice as big as the bios but it really is strange.

Does someone has any idea?

If i desolder the chip and replace it with a 256 kb winbond chip like the W25X20 in the vega 64 will it work?

Anhänge

• Help1.png
    Help1.png
    22,8 KB · Aufrufe : 6
Oben Unten