Question Help ASUS 5700xt Rog VBios Locked !

EvilBlossom

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello everyone.
today i hope that my problem solves, for the last time, every dobut and issue on bios mod for the ASUS 5700xt STRIX 8Gb GPU

Preamble:
the GPU in question has already been modified, two months ago circa, and ran till today very well with good result on eth mining with 58 Mh/s (HiveOS)

problem:
some days ago i was intend to do a better vbios for achieve the 60Ms/s target, but before rework the already working (old-modified) bios, ive launched the asus bios update tool officially relased on 13/05/2020 to restore in P and Q Mode the original bioses, this broked my card...my bad.
(vbios flashed wiyh both 3.04+ and 2.93+)
after that every attempt to flash a bios was a failure, and in in particular i tryed:
-Original (new-modified) from -s on amdvbflash tool, multiple attempt to change the smallest thing brick the card. (1024 Kb)
-gpu z bios (512 Kb)
-every TechPowerUp vbios (512 Kb)
-the vbios from this forum where @Mini_Me helped alot! (512 Kb)

so at this point the conclusion is:
the only working flashed vbios is the original one (1024 Kb) ,extracted from amdvbflash and NOT MODIFIED, and im shure the biosupdatetool from ASUS , blocked my vbios in every way, and as can i read in this forum, its a common problem related at modern vbios signed and sealed from factory.

thanks in advice , im fully avaible for every try or question
king regards from italy!

EV

Hello everyone.
today i hope that my problem solves, for the last time, every dobut and issue on bios mod for the ASUS 5700xt STRIX 8Gb GPU

Preamble:
the GPU in question has already been modified, two months ago circa, and ran till today very well with good result on eth mining with 58 Mh/s (HiveOS)

problem:
some days ago i was intend to do a better vbios for achieve the 60Ms/s target, but before rework the already working (old-modified) bios, ive launched the asus bios update tool officially relased on 13/05/2020 to restore in P and Q Mode the original bioses, this broked my card...my bad.
(vbios flashed wiyh both 3.04+ and 2.93+)
after that every attempt to flash a bios was a failure, and in in particular i tryed:
-Original (new-modified) from -s on amdvbflash tool, multiple attempt to change the smallest thing brick the card. (1024 Kb)
-gpu z bios (512 Kb)
-every TechPowerUp vbios (512 Kb)
-the vbios from this forum where @Mini_Me helped alot! (512 Kb)

so at this point the conclusion is:
the only working flashed vbios is the original one (1024 Kb) ,extracted from amdvbflash and NOT MODIFIED, and im shure the biosupdatetool from ASUS , blocked my vbios in every way, and as can i read in this forum, its a common problem related at modern vbios signed and sealed from factory.

thanks in advice , im fully avaible for every try or question
king regards from italy!

EV
Hello and welcome,

Please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below, for ce flash if the Sub-Id (SSID) doen not match or change it using RedBiosEditor,

hello @Mini_Me i've tryed your bios and succesfully flashed, then modded it with apple straps and Tref at 4x Mhz value , and succesfully flashed and booted.
but when i mounted the gpu on the rig and launched Hive an error occoured.
the gpu is "showed" but on the miner this message repeat :

image0.jpg

things like this are totaly new for me, any suggestions?

hello @Mini_Me i've tryed your bios and succesfully flashed, then modded it with apple straps and Tref at 4x Mhz value , and succesfully flashed and booted.
but when i mounted the gpu on the rig and launched Hive an error occoured.
the gpu is "showed" but on the miner this message repeat :

image0.jpg

things like this are totaly new for me, any suggestions?
Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

dear @Mini_Me i followed the guide and read the following pages, but i think the error solution isnt there ....:unsure:
it a common issue the "Failed to list OpenCL devices for platform 0" error?
do you need something else to troobleshooting ?

dear @Mini_Me i followed the guide and read the following pages, but i think the error solution isnt there ....:unsure:
it a common issue the "Failed to list OpenCL devices for platform 0" error?
do you need something else to troobleshooting ?
Please follow the guide to make a new vbios, the one you made with tREF 4x MHz is not recommended.

Oben Unten