Question Gigabyte 5700 XT GAMING-8GD (Non OC) bios brick

escknx

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I've flashed hundreds of 5700XTs but only the Gigabyte ones give me a headache from time to time.
Stock ROM is GV-R57XTGAMING-8GD/FE0/0A38
I saved stock BIOS with HiveOS, modified it, flashed back and it bricked the card.
Okay I shortened BIOS chip and was able to boot up in Win10, using amdvbflash 293+ i forceflashed stock bios image from HiveOS, FE0 bios from TPU, I tried TPU's version of FA0 from OC version - nothing works.
Gigabyte website does not provide bios for non OC version 5700 XT GAMING-8GD

Any suggestions?

I've flashed hundreds of 5700XTs but only the Gigabyte ones give me a headache from time to time.
Stock ROM is GV-R57XTGAMING-8GD / FE0 / 0A38
I saved stock BIOS with HiveOS, modified it, flashed back and it bricked the card.
Okay I shortened BIOS chip and was able to boot up in Win10, using amdvbflash 293+ i forceflashed stock bios image from HiveOS, FE0 bios from TPU, I tried TPU's version of FA0 from OC version - nothing works.
Gigabyte website does not provide bios for non OC version 5700 XT GAMING-8GD

Any suggestions?
Greetings and welcome,

Please send me your original backup vbios.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings,

Please test the vbios file in the kindly attached link below, this version is newer than the original one,

I don't know what magic have you done there, but it just unbricked the card. Also your timings give me 56MH with 102W from Hive(not from the wall). While all my other 5700XTs give 56MH at 115-125w Hive.

I wonder if I can use these timing for any other cards?

I don't know what magic have you done there, but it just unbricked the card. Also your timings give me 56MH with 102W from Hive(not from the wall). While all my other 5700XTs give 56MH at 115-125w Hive.

It is not magic, please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Best setting in HiveOS as below,

Core clock, VDD : Memory clock, VDDCI, MVDD, Hashrate in TeamRedMiner,

1380 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 900 MHz, 840 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.30 MH/s.

It is not magic, please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Best setting in HiveOS as below,

1380 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 900 MHz, 840 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.30 MH/sI
I meant unbricking Gigabyte cards.

I flashed hundreds of different cards, but only Gigabytes give me problems.

I have 2 other Gigabyte 5700XTs that I can not flash, because any bios modification bricks the card.

I meant unbricking Gigabyte cards.

I flashed hundreds of different cards, but only Gigabytes give me problems.

I have 2 other Gigabyte 5700XTs that I can not flash, because any bios modification bricks the card.
If these cards are with Samsung memory then please use the vbios file in the kindly attached link below,

If these are with Micron memory then please use the previous provided vbbios file.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

1380 MHz, 770 or 780 mV : 900 MHz, 840 mV, 1350 mV, ~55.30 MH/s.
Hi, can you give the command line for setting these paramaters?
I'm used to phoenix miner, never used TRM ... tried to set similar settings in phoenix but can't find how to control VDDCI and MVDD there
PS: also i tried to download the provided bios-es to look&learn from them (my cards are PowerColor, not GB), but I get a msg saying

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.

Is there a way to download one of these bioses?
Thanks

Hi Mini_Me. thank you for your very, very good support on these forums. Kudos!

I'd like to download the Micron rom from this threat but the site gives me an error. Would you be able to repost it once more?

Thank you very much en kind regard!
Hi and welcome,

Please use the correct vbios file for your Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING or Aorus card from the kindly attached link below, and either force flash the vbios or change its Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Hi, the link is broken. Can you share what you downloaded? Thank you

Hi and welcome,

Please use the correct vbios file for your Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING or Aorus card from the kindly attached link below, and either force flash the vbios or change its Sub-Id (SSID) in RedBiosEditor,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I downloaded it and it works like a charm.

Keep it up!

Oben Unten