Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hi, I've attached my stock ROM for this card for you. You should also be able to use the instructions and ROM posted in post #8:
Thank you very much, It's working now pretty well :D

Any good ROM file for Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176 MB · Sapphire ?

thx.

Hi, I have rev 1 Gigabyte GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD that I've had some success with. This is the best settings I've managed with it below with Team Read Miner B-mode. It does detect GPU dead every few days which isn't ideal.

I was wondering whether anyone has tried flashing a non XT BIOS, e.g. this one: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/213914/gigabyte-rx5700-8192-190812 to improve performance or stability? I assume I'd have to flash it via Windows only and not via HiveOS?

1632212391497.png

Thanks

I followed the guide verbatim, all mods done. All 12 cards hashing well & 74' mem temp or less for 6 months, 0.3% stale. 1 invalid per week.Cards are a mixture of Aorus, ASUS, Gigabyte, V1 & V2, Samsung & Micron

I'm curious about fan control though. HiveOS & Teamred. Auto fan from top menu & in the OC menu, fan setting blank. Fan minimum is disrespected & max attainable fan speed is not achieved. Same with manual control.

Some fans only reach an indicated max 83% for example. Tried other miners ( in hive) same result. Is "zero rpm fan control" setting influencing this situation ?

I have a W5700 with samsung memory (106 model).

@mini-Me would you please kindly unlock and modify the Rom for me ?

I really appreciate your help.

Anhänge

• RadeonProW5700-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D1880201-106.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 5
Hi, I have a Gigabyte Gaming RX5700 XT Rev 1 with micron Memory.
Here's what happened: I tried backing up the stock bios from hiveos and modding it and bricked the card.
Then I proceded to reflash the backed up original bios from hiveos and the card is no longer detected in windows or linux.
I've tried shorting pin 1-5 and 1-8 with no success. Card is not detected at all, fans and led turns on and i can feel the core being warm to the touch. I bought a CH341a to reflash the this firmware (M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68). I read the chip and the bios file matches with the bios on chip and card still undetected. What should I do??

1636014450585.png
I have some invalid shares this this configuration.
do you have better settings for this problem?
its exact model number is :
XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation.

Regarding the Gigabyte card, after you flash the original bios provided before you will be able to modify it and make a modified bios from it and flash it back,

Regarding the adjustments, Depending on your ambient temperature, for best stability to performance, I recommend the core clock at 1400 MHz (750 - 800) mv min, the memory at 950 MHz max (750 - 800) mv min with improved vram straps and power limit, you will achieve (57.5 - 58.5) MH/s,

I can help you with modding your bios to suit the mining purpose if you like,

By the way, your sapphire card has dual bios, which one did you modified, the silent one or the OC one?
i have the same card and moded as per igors steps and your steps but my cards are crashing when reboot.. i havent found help yet.. :( max r. now 55 stable con my 5 rx 5700 (asus rog strix 2 bios, asrock phantom, sapphire nittro +) and you help me @Mini_Me ?

Good morning.
Great explanation, Your description provides the logical steps to explore and test the optimal power settings.

My test system run steady overnight with no errors with the following settings:
My power is around 115W, because I chose to get over 59MH/s. If I reduce the clock speed to 1400, the power drops to 112W, but so is the harsh rate to 57.4.
Running at 115W at 59MH/s i think is more efficient than running at 112W at 57MH/s.

As far at the invalid shares, the blame is on the Phoenix miner configuration switch.

-openclLocalWork 64 is what causing the errors. According the the HiveOS forum reply, it is not recommended using this switch. Once I removed the option, I was able to tune the card down to 115W.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/pheonix-miner-invalid-shares/17714/2
i have same problems with gigabyte gpu rx 5700 gaming 8g rev 2.0, already recovered but imposible to run with bios moded , could you share your optimized bios? ... Btw im running TRM .

Hello world,

I post this as the last resort for my card (GV-R75XTGAMING OC-8GD rev2.0 ). I've bricked my card and as of now, it only able to boot(post) with the bios shorting method. I am able to flash with AtiFlashTool v2.93+ in windows safe mode but it won't boot(POST) after restart the windows.

I've tried my original (backed up with Hiveos Download VBIOS) ROM. Attached below as Rig2-5700xt.rom
I've tried M-Samsung-F40-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68
both come up with the same result, able to flash but fail to boot(POST)

I've tried FreeDOS method with my original also but meet with ERROR 0FL01

Can some of you give me suggestion for another try?

Thanks in advance!
im been having error 0FL01 but it usually comes out when i'm using video on board connection, as soon as i connect video from gpu error disappear. BTW short pin and usb flash method did works for me.

I share the best VBIOS and the best configuration I got for the GIGABYTE RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G micron Rev 2.0
55.33 MH stable with TRM and a consumption of 1600w at the wall.
in a hot room, without air conditioning.

===========================================

Comparto el mejor VBIOS y la mejor configuración que conseguí para el GIGABYTE RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G micron Rev 2.0
55.33 MH Con TRM funciona estable y con un consumo de 1600w en la pared.
en una habitación caliente, sin aire acondicionado.

Anhang anzeigen 11698
Anhang anzeigen 11700
Thanks so so much .... your bios and setup works flawless, with same results as yours.
Gpu Gigabyte 5700xt Gaming 8gb Rev2.0 Micron Memory, flashed Via HIveOs, after brick and recover with shortpin bios chip method.

Hello everybody, I have an RX5700XT Gigabyte OC with Samsung memory, is it possible to flash the bios for this card?

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2021-12-22 125344.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-22 125344.png
    13,3 KB · Aufrufe : 46
  • photo_2021-12-22_12-54-40.jpg
    photo_2021-12-22_12-54-40.jpg
    82,5 KB · Aufrufe : 49
Oben Unten