Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
This Power table for the MSI works well. The card is responsive to changes of parameters, and it works steady.

What is the difference between the MSI card and other cards?
My apologies, unfortunately I do not know,

I found out that the best cards for mining are the ones with blower fan as these are the reference cards (vanilla version) and no restrictions are made from the manufacturers to it.

This Power table for the MSI works well. The card is responsive to changes in parameters, and it works steadily.

[Updated]
This is the final power table for any RX 5700 card in the kindly attached link below,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
This Power table for the MSI works well. The card is responsive to changes in parameters, and it works steadily.

Please, whenever it is possible, could you request from HiveOS developers to add support of Zero RPM Control to the HiveOS.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Done.

I updated this post as an easy access to the final settings for mining purpose using any XT cards,

Beitrag im Thema 'GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails'' schreiben
https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-83096

Hello,
I own sapphire 5700 XT nitro+ (not sure what memory type, I have both options K4Z80325BC and MT61K256M32)
I am using windows 10 and not HiveOs since its a gaming pc (I game on performance bios and mine in the silent one).
I read all 18 pages of the discussion and tried to apply the apple memory tweaks (without mpt).
trying to mine using these settings crashed after about 15 mins (using claymore)

I should mention I also tried copying 1550Mhz timings to 1750Mhz/1800Mhz etc. and was able to gain stability around 53.9Mh/s.
core clock - 1450Mhz, voltage - 850mV, memory clock - 1796Mhz, power consumption 105W

I hope the card could perform better. any suggestions ?
Greetings,

You can see your memory type in HiveOS,

For now try these settings in windows below,

Core Clocke 1440 or 1430 MHz @ VDD 800 mv
Memory Clock 1840 or 1830 MHz,

Regards

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Good morning,
I am getting Miner errors amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state.

Would you know what is the cause for this error? I attempted to change speeds and clocks, but the card is not working.

Thanks.

Good morning,
I am getting Miner errors amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state.

Would you know what is the cause for this error? I attempted to change speeds and clocks, but the card is not working.

Thanks.
I disabled the 50% fan and it looks like the error is gone. I guess we have to wait for the Hive community to return information about the RPM Zero control.

I completed the MSI card tuning, and it will go to production.

I plan to revisit the Gigabyte card.
I am curious if it is possible for Zero RPM Control to work without issues if we disable the AutoFan mode and disable the 50% fan as well,

Would you like to check that with the Gigabyte card?

And what was the best result achieved with the MSI card?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I am curious if it is possible for Zero RPM Control to work without issues if we disable the AutoFan mode and disable the 50% fan as well,

Would you like to check that with the Gigabyte card?

And what was the best result achieved with the MSI card?
The MSI card was showing inconsistencies. I had to lower the efficiency to keep it stable. At the moment, I am getting 58.5 MH/s at 117W, with settings 1410 760/780/1340 945. If I attempt to further reduce the power the card will become unstable.

How should I test the Zero Control RPM? I still have the MSI card in the test rig and I can perform a quick test, before moving it to production.

The MSI card was showing inconsistencies. I had to lower the efficiency to keep it stable. At the moment, I am getting 58.5 MH/s at 117W, with settings 1410 760/780/1340 945. If I attempt to further reduce the power the card will become unstable.

How should I test the Zero Control RPM? I still have the MSI card in the test rig and I can perform a quick test, before moving it to production.
[Updated]
This is the final power table for any RX 5700 card in the kindly attached link below,

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings all! I found this discussion from HiveOS forum (AlleyCat comment on one discussion). I can confirm that MSI gaming X is excellent choice for efficient mining. It is very sturdy as it has excellent heatsink and runs relatively cool with only two fans. I havent tried Apple straps (I'm using 1550 timings which are common knowledge and tRef = 5990 for 1550 and above. I havent changed anything with MPT. I also have to say, I recommend 5700 over XT any day over efficient mining as XT seems to be just physical 5700 with overclocking. I did flash MSI 5700 XT Gaming X bios for my card and gained zero boost on mining but it used 10W more power for no apparent reason.

Im getting these results with my MSI RX 5700 Gaming X. System efficiency 0.55 as reported by HiveOS (not true reading from the wall)

1604146914437.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings all! I found this discussion from HiveOS forum (AlleyCat comment on one discussion). I can confirm that MSI gaming X is excellent choice for efficient mining. It is very sturdy as it has excellent heatsink and runs relatively cool with only two fans. I havent tried Apple straps (I'm using 1550 timings which are common knowledge and tRef = 5990 for 1550 and above. I havent changed anything with MPT. I also have to say, I recommend 5700 over XT any day over efficient mining as XT seems to be just physical 5700 with overclocking. I did flash MSI 5700 XT Gaming X bios for my card and gained zero boost on mining but it used 10W more power for no apparent reason.

Im getting these results with my MSI RX 5700 Gaming X. System efficiency 0.55 as reported by HiveOS (not true reading from the wall)

Anhang anzeigen 6805
Amazing numbers.
I confirm that the 5700XT with your settings is reporting 111W in HiveOS.

My preferred settings on the Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming is 58.67MH/s 115W ratio 0.51.

Anhänge

• IMG_3558.PNG
    IMG_3558.PNG
    437,7 KB · Aufrufe : 91
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten