Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thanks for the mods. I am really surprised with PCIe on 2x and reflashed on hive os my MHS is identical to no modded bios. I am running suggested 1390, 790, 850, 1310 and mem clocked at 915 which is my stable clock. The only effect is 6 watt increase from 87 to 93 watt. Whats also strange is that my wattage (as read by TRM) is way below what others are reporting at these settings. Any ideas? Thanks again for all your helpo and time! :)

samsung memory btw... most my clock are 900 but i have one that does 915. My 800 gets 51.09 and 815 gets 51.93 with or without mods. Hive OS shows successful mod update and the only numeric showing is the watt increase.

I am going to run them for a day anyways for stability and check my pool mhs numbers over 24hrs. I am getting a 8% variance from reported to pool which is unusually high. Unless i get any progress or hot tips i will likely goto stock bios and 750/750/- oc and save the power and stree on my cards. Last point again is my blower cooler ref 5700xt is beating all my aorus at 53.1 modded/oc. Sad

I am going to run them for a day anyways for stability and check my pool mhs numbers over 24hrs. I am getting a 8% variance from reported to pool which is unusually high. Unless i get any progress or hot tips i will likely goto stock bios and 750/750/- oc and save the power and stree on my cards. Last point again is my blower cooler ref 5700xt is beating all my aorus at 53.1 modded/oc. Sad
Thank you for your kind and informative feedback,

Please do check from now and then as I am going to post all unlocked vbios on a new thread and this time a refined unlocking that may bring better results,

You may have a good day,

Regards.

Thanks for the tips, I've tried a few things and it seems to only die after many hours(once or twice a day) with the tREF changes
. Previously I tried a bios changing only the memory straps and it worked for 48h without dying. Have you ever experienced something like this? What settings do you think I should try? Like lowering the tRef ratio to what number?
1.png

Thank you for your kind and informative feedback,

Please do check from now and then as I am going to post all unlocked vbios on a new thread and this time a refined unlocking that may bring better results,

You may have a good day,

Regards.
Yes please keep it coming I am happy to try what you have. Thanks again for the hard work and sharing!!

Another useful bit of info is i bought my aorus 5700xt recently in china new in a box but i am almost certain they are refurbished because they have a huge supply and 5700xt has been discontinued since last fall i believe. Its highly likely these were picked through for silicon lottery winners and sent to government Chinese farms. The whole world has no GPU supply but ironically the worlds manufacturer has tons of them... hmm wonder why that is???? And who will win financially as a country because of this??? Sorry for the political undertones.

Hello,
I need aorus rx 5700xt rev 2.0 bios and kbc bios. I'll write directly on the chip. If you could help with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it. This device has silent and oc modes that are selected with the button.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Hello,
I need aorus rx 5700xt rev 2.0 bios and kbc bios. I'll write directly on the chip. If you could help with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it. This device has silent and oc modes that are selected with the button.

Anhang anzeigen 12723
Anhang anzeigen 12724
Anhang anzeigen 12726
Hello and welcome,

Please use the unlocked vbios file in the kindly attached link below,

Micron Memory,

Hello-

I am having a really strange issue with a Gigabyte RX 5700 GAMING OC 8G rev 1.0 (and non-xt). It has issues POSTing on Windows 10, if I place it in a 2nd PCIe slot with another card in the primary PCIe slot, it is recognized in device manager but gives error 43. If I uninstall / reinstall device, it fixes error 43 but is otherwise unusable. I can flash it with amdbflash. I have tried flashing it with original bios from techpowerup and other unlocked bioses I've found and in this thread. I have tried 2.93, 3.04 and DOS / linux versions. In Linux, I can boot into recovery mode and flash it. But upon normal boot it will freeze and give me a blank screen with a terminal dash (static, not blinking).

Here's the weird part... I can plug it into my Windows 10 box, disconnect it from the internet, and it will post and function 100% normally. I can benchmark it / run stress tests / radeon tools / overclock / literally everything. But if I reconnect the internet, it triggers a green screen which turns into a black screen and I see motherboard error code 98 for "Problem related to PCI-E devices. Please re-install PCI-E devices or try installing them in other slots. If the problem still exists, please remove all PCI-E devices or try using another VGA card."

At this point, I figured maybe drivers... But I've done DDU and re-installed various versions to no benefit. I have another 5700 XT that works 100% normally. At one point in testing with this working card alongside the troublesome 5700, I got a Windows 10 BSOD with an error code for "driver power state failure."

Has anyone else experienced something like this and is it recoverable?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello and good morning @Mini_Me

Should ratio of mem clock to vddci always be +/- 2.24?

I'm trying to bring down tmem temperature to 86 or better. Is it better to change mvdd instead?

Thanks! im using hiveos 0.6-203@210421, teamredminer 0.8.2

Right now uptime is 8h 13min.

1620430297708.png

Thank you!

Greetings everyone,

My apologies for the delay and the inconvenience,

I know I mentioned before that I am going to post all the unlocked vbios files on a new thread however I find there are many versions out there therefore a better solution is founded that is implementing the unlocking method in RedBiosEditor after Mr. Igor permission and Mr. Hellm agreement as a possible solution, this will make anyone able to unlock any Navi 10 731F vbios they want without any delay anymore and I believe this will make everyone happy,

Thus your further patience is needed and highly appreciated as currently working on this is already started despite our current circumstances and limited time however anyone and everyone of you are not forgotten at all,

My gratitude for your kind understanding,

Please stay safe and healthy,

Regards.

I tried to follow your guide and am unable to flash the bios. Using the gigabyte tool in safe mode gives me an error and when I try to use amdvbflash to force flash it bricks my card. I then use amdvbflash to unbrick by reflashing the original backup bios. I can't edit the original bios in order to change my memory timings. Never had this issue with any other GPU including reference 5700's and RX 570's.

I've attached my original bios in case anyone can help me.

Edit: I went to the tech power up website and downloaded the oldest version of the Gigabyte Gaming OC bios. I then flashed it in safe mode using amdvbflash and it actually worked. The folder exe linked at the start and that rom didnt work so I guess it just wasn't compatible with my card. End of the day I got it sorted. Went from 51.5 MH/s to 55MH/s just by changing memory timings. Very happy with that.

Thanks!

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Actually both cards that you have are good, what's is needed is the right and proper adjustments,

Is your goal only mining with these cards or there is other purposes besides that?
hi mini_me
Is this the last and most efficient way to edit the BIOS on page 32 of this topic? Or have you come up with new methods and settings in your experiments?
thank you

Hi @Mine_Me,
I have tested the M version, and it is working :) without change the Partition to MBR :)

Anhang anzeigen 7995

my partition is GPT (created with Etcher):
Anhang anzeigen 7996

and I have upload it from HiveOS, and it work well:
Anhang anzeigen 7998

I have verify the memory timings with Red BIOS Editor, but it doesn't have the same value from 1550 to 2000Mhz, like is mention on steps to do the BIOS mod, do you recommend maintain as you sent it or edit something?:

Anhang anzeigen 7997

additional I have verify the memory timing with the Original BIOS download from 5700 XT Gaming OC Rev2 and it are differents. but it is work :)

tell me if you need some additional test

regards
Hi,
How do you flash this mod vbios?
I mean, with DOS, Windows or HiveOS?

Best regards.

¿Qué método usaste para "flashar" el bios?
¿DOS,Windows o HiveOS?

Saludos.

Unfortunately, many users are reporting this problem recently and it is really strange, try to uninstall the adrenaline driver using DDU in windows safe mode then install old adrenaline driver 20.3.1 or 20.4.1 or even 19.7.1.
HI
Thanks for guide

I ran into this problem and after hours found that the gpu dont work and dont show up in system without the heatsink and fan , so we I installed the heatsink and placed the card in slot 1 and it did work

Oben Unten