News Designbedingtes EVGA-Problem statt NVIDIA GAU? EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 vs. Amazons New World und erste Erkenntnisse | Exklusiv

i wonder what happened on ftw3 hybrid.

but it is said evga has been suffering from power problem ever since the launch of 3080 and 3090.
lots of users cant get full power limit used. and some said evga has the shunt and the us5650q messed up. shorting the pcie's shunt helps a lot.

jayztwocents's video is quite useful this time. he does show the power limit (in terms of percentage) of 3090 ftw3 is behaving wrongly. we used to see evga 3080 3090 consume strangely less power than the max power limit allowed. but this time suddenly 3090 ftw3 consumes much more than the power limit allowed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
It is under investigation. EVGA and NVIDIA. Jayz merged two problems into one and this is not really helpful. From my point of view it is totally useless and pure clickbait.

I can shutdown a RX 6900XT on the same way very easy with a handwritten DX9 Scene or an old, simple game without cutting the FPS. But a shutdown (when all this OCP/OPP things are working) is NOT the same as killing a MCU. All this reported issues with other cards can be reproduced with other gaming crap and above a few thousand FPS. This problem is NOT new and discussed since a long time. Comparing apples and oranges won't work. ;)

If the load level change is too fast and the spikes are too short, the shunt monitoring will fail because it is too slow. This is well-known and not new. I measure such things since years.

It is under investigation. EVGA and NVIDIA. Jayz merged two problems into one and this is not really helpful. From my point of view it is totally useless and pure clickbait.

I can shutdown a RX 6900XT on the same way very easy with a handwritten DX9 Scene or an old, simple game without cutting the FPS. But a shutdown (when all this OCP/OPP things are working) is NOT the same as killing a MCU. All this reported issues with other cards can be reproduced with other gaming crap and above a few thousand FPS. This problem is NOT new and discussed since a long time. Comparing apples and oranges won't work. ;)

If the load level change is too fast and the spikes are too short, the shunt monitoring will fail because it is too slow. This is well-known and not new. I measure such things since years.
he has been a fruit master for years. game crashes/shut down/reboot are nothing compared to components burnt (never boot again).
i still remember how he denied the existence of a gap between vram ic and the cooling midplate on evga gtx 1070 1080 in his video, even lots of users reports with photos attached are presented on reddit and evga forum, even evga eventually provided thicker pads for users to replace the stock vram pads to avoid the denied issue.

the xoc bios does solve the issue of the socall power not maxed out problem, otherwise how can ppl do extreme oc with ln2 on them. sadly to the consumer the general bios is said to be problematic. now it is a good timing to visit the whole problem once and for all!

I made the 1070 and 1080 Pad mod for EVGA 😎
They had a general issue with their sandwich design. Too thin pads, too less cooling surface...

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Läuft man eigentlich auch Gefahr, etwas zu zerstören, wenn die EVGA-Karte unter Wasser gesetzt ist und also gar keine Lüfter angeschlossen sind?

Die Karte läuft dann ja trotzdem, also eine Vollpanik bekommt die Steuerung ja offenbar in dem Fall nicht.

Wenn gewünscht, könnte ich mich mit einer EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra als Tester anbieten… auf Luftkühlung zurückbauen würde ich die aber wohl nicht. :p

Vielen Dank fürs Nachfragen und für die ausfürliche Erklärung. (y)

Das so ein Controller kaputt geht, hatte ich nun garnicht auf den Schirm. Aber ja hätte mich sonst gewundert wenn die Karten aus irgendwelchen Belastungsgründen durchbrennen. Dafür ist die Technik schon zuweit und die Sicherheitsmechanismen zu gut, jede aktuelle Kartet taktet sich ja da vorher runter um das zu vermeiden.

Glaubst du wirklich das die Schutzmechanismen bei Nvidia so gut sind?

Das hat mit NVIDIA erst einmal nichts zu tun, es ist ja ein sehr spezielles EVGA-Eigendesign :)

Ah okay, darum rauchen immer wieder seit der GTX 295 Nvidia GPUs im selben Schema ab. Gut zu wissen.
Aber erkläre mir mal, wieso Gigabyte, MSI sowie AMD auch betroffen sind, aber nur um den Hersteller mit den meisten Karten in der freien Wildbahn berichtet wird?

Wieso ist EVGA der Hersteller mit den meisten Karten in der freien Wildbahn? Meine Vermutung wäre, in Europa wohl eher nicht.

Ja. Das kannst du vergessen. Das sind die MSI, ASUS oder Gigabytes.

Was auch immer die genaue Ursache ist, dem Verkauf der EVGA-Karten wird das nicht gerade förderlich sein.

Oben Unten