Frage DDR4 RAM TIMING PROBLEM

vinkenzo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hi
i have 2x8GB 4000MHz CL15 GSKIL RipJaws + AMD Ryzen 3900X + ASUS B550 F GAMING WiFi

i have tried many ways to timing this ram and use all its power but i failed and the system does not boot up
i use Taiphoon Burner and extract my RAM info and import it with DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen-1.7.3 and use those config, but each and every time i fail
the only way that i could boot up with 4000MHZ is with activate DOCP and 1800FLCK and do not change anything more, but this is not good for me
i need to change other factor too because i use this system for Monero Mining
can anyone helping me with those timing? what am i doing wrong?

The 3900X will not get above an FCLK of 1900MHz. Maybe not even 1800MHz.

You can try 1900MHz but it will not go beyond that.
Only Zen3 get above 1900MHz FCLK.

i do not have any problem with FLCK at 1800 and i do not want to increase it more
my problem is other factors, when i apply exported data from DRAM CALCULATOR FOR RYZEN system won't boot up

@vinkenzo forget about the freaking DRAM CALC. I would suggest the following:

Voltages:
VSOC: 1.15 V
VDDG_IOD: 1.1 V
VDDG_CCD: 1.0 V
VDIMM: 1.5 V

FCLK 1867 MHz (should be a pretty safe bet) and 3733 MHz RAM

CR 1 with GDM ENABLED

Timings:
tCl: 14
tRCDRD: 14 (15 if your IMC is trash)
tRP: 14
tRAS: 26

tRC: 40
tRRDs/l: 4/4
tFAW: 16
tWTRs/l: 4/8
tWR: 16
tRFC: 280
t....SCL: 4/4
tCWL: 14
tRTP: 12

Rest Auto

This should work with your Kit

Voltages:

CR 1 with GDM ENABLED

Timings:

Rest Auto

Out of interest (for myself, but likely others too): How do you get to those numbers if you do not use the DRAM Calculator? For myself, none of the DRAM Calc settings have ever worked (XMP works beautifully) and I am wondering what I might have done wrong now that you so forcefully proclaim that one should not use the Calculator any way

Out of interest (for myself, but likely others too): How do you get to those numbers if you do not use the DRAM Calculator? For myself, none of the DRAM Calc settings have ever worked (XMP works beautifully) and I am wondering what I might have done wrong now that you so forcefully proclaim that one should not use the Calculator any way
Many Settings from the DRAM Calc just dont work, especially if you have a kit with anything other then Samsung B-Die. I did try the DRAM Calc when I started to mess with RAM and the "Save-Profil" for the CJR/DJR 3600 C16-19-19 bin, didnt even let me get into the bios. I was annoyed and was like fuck it. Since then I just tried, tried and tried. I also dig through all the information I can find. It also helps very much to look up what timings people like bz, Sparky, duck_oc etc. use.

Now I have a pretty good feeling about what timings should work for kits with Samsung B-Die. For rev. E/B and Hynix CJR/DJR I only know the basic stuff. If you have any other IC, except Nanya B-Die, you shouldnt bother with an oc anyways.

So my suggestion isnt the gold standard but not as bad as the stuff the Calc makes up. I dont even know where the timings from the Calc come from.

I like such tables LINK. There you can see how other users have their timings running and orient yourself on it.

Voltages:

CR 1 with GDM ENABLED

Timings:

Rest Auto

very good info, thanks for sharing :)

Voltages:

CR 1 with GDM ENABLED

Timings:

Rest Auto

hi i tested these info an it is working like a charm
can you tell me how did you calculate these numbers ?
for example now i have another ram with 3200mhz and cl 16
how should i change these numbers for the new RAM ? or if its hard to tell can you calculate again ?

hi i tested these info an it is working like a charm
can you tell me how did you calculate these numbers ?
for example now i have another ram with 3200mhz and cl 16
how should i change these numbers for the new RAM ? or if its hard to tell can you calculate again ?

I didnt calculate them. These are timings that just work for hard binned Samsung B-die in my experience. The CALC is messing with stuff, that can be very motherboard dependend. RAM with a 3200C16 XMP can have any IC under the sun. You need to check that with Tayphoon Burner first. But I wouldnt oc a 3200C16 Kit that isnt made of B-die, Micron rev.E/B or CJR.

Oben Unten