Question Broken Screw

qwaszxman

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hi All,

I purchase a second hand 3080 ti off eBay, and opened it up to replace the thermal pads, however one of the screws holding down the spring plate which is on teh back of the GPU core has the thread from one of the screws eaten away so i cant get it off.

I was thinking of just trying to drill that screw out ( I've done this before for other screws ) but i've never done it on a graphics card and one wrong move or slip could kill the card,

Does anyone have any goods ideas how i could get that single screw out without damaging the card?

Hi All,

I purchase a second hand 3080 ti off eBay, and opened it up to replace the thermal pads, however one of the screws holding down the spring plate which is on teh back of the GPU core has the thread from one of the screws eaten away so i cant get it off.

I was thinking of just trying to drill that screw out ( I've done this before for other screws ) but i've never done it on a graphics card and one wrong move or slip could kill the card,

Does anyone have any goods ideas how i could get that single screw out without damaging the card?
might not always work but is safe option to try out. Put an elastic band (rubber band) on top of head of screw to get a grip and then try the screwdriver.

Oben Unten