Question Bricked 5700XT by running AMDVbflash 3.04+ GUI (not even flashing anything!)

SayuriDesu

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Admittedly it froze my entire rig when I opened it and I had to force shutdown by holding power button. After that all three of my PowerColor AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DH stopped giving display even during POST even when I test all of them isolated one by one. What is even happening?

Luckily I have another rig with the same gpu model where I could grab a working stock bios, and so I did. I saved it through console with amdvbflash 2.93 and tried flashing with it into bricked GPU's with -f -p arguments. Flashing goes without any errors but it doesn't change anything. Still no display even during POST. Saved bios has a size of 1mb. I also tried flashing a bios from techpowerup with 512kb size for the same model but no success.

Why is this happening? What should I do? This is a very strange problem and I don't see it being reported anywhere. I really doubt it's a physical problem with cards since they weren't even mining at that time when I tried running 3.04+

I have a flash ch341a programmer now and it still doesn't help. Do SREG values matter? Because when I erased and reflashed with original bios it resetted SREG flags

It didn't help. Flashing went fine, but still the card doesn't seem to POST and shows error 43 in Windows. It always says "older ASIC, vbios is not signed" though
I compared bios using ch341a after that with a working card one and they are the same.
Once again 3 cards got bricked at the same time when GUI was opened, it really sounds like something fishy is included in the code

It didn't help. Flashing went fine, but still the card doesn't seem to POST and shows error 43 in Windows. It always says "older ASIC, vbios is not signed" though
I compared bios using ch341a after that with a working card one and they are the same.
Once again 3 cards got bricked at the same time when GUI was opened, it really sounds like something fishy is included in the code
Please could you send your original backup vbios and the modified one as well.

I didn't modify bios at all, I just opened the app
Here's the bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/226260/226260
The bios is the same for all cards - both bricked and non-bricked
Hi I am not an expert in bios mod but I remember one post I dont know the owner of the post but there was somthing about to mod from the oryginal bios the vbios version from 017.001.000.068.000000 to 017.001.000.049.000000 in hex edytor.
Sorry for my English.

Oben Unten