Question ASUS RX5700XT OC Gaming does not run after BIOS change

Roy

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Using the latest RBE and MPT, as well as the Flash Tool 3.04+, if I make even the smallest change in the BIOS, the card does not work. I can flash it back to the stock BIOS without problems and then it works fine. Running everything as Administrator. If I load the BIOS into the Editor and simply rename it, it works fine. Was there a change in the BIOS chip capacity? The card responds to all other adjustments and seems to operate properly.

Using the latest RBE and MPT, as well as the Flash Tool 3.04+, if I make even the smallest change in the BIOS, the card does not work. I can flash it back to the stock BIOS without problems and then it works fine. Running everything as administrator. If I load the BIOS into the editor and simply rename it, it works fine. What is there a change in the BIOS chip capacity? The card responds to all other adjustments and seems to operate properly.
Greetings,

Your vbios card is securely locked, you need to unlock it.

Before flashing the modified BIOS, I run the amdvbflash unlockrom command and it states that the card is unlocked. Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your help. I am curious why there is nothing about this issue on the website.

Anhänge

• 5700A.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
I followed your advice and moved the switch to the quiet (Q) side. That necessitated reinstalling the drivers (20.5.1). I saved the vbios, modified only VRAM timings, saved it, and checked to see that the modifications were saved, and flashed it to the card. No error messages on flash. Rebooted and the card does not work. Device Manager now shows an error icon on the card, exactly the same problem as before.

I followed your advice and moved the switch to the quiet (Q) side. That necessitated reinstalling the drivers (20.5.1). I saved the vbios, modified only VRAM timings, saved it, and checked to see that the modifications were saved, and flashed it to the card. No error messages on flash. Rebooted and the card does not work. Device Manager now shows an error icon on the card, exactly the same problem as before.
Very well, I will update you after I finish whenever it is possible.

Please could you send me the Silent vbios as well.

Here it is: "Q" for quiet, as ASUS says.

Anhänge

• 5700Q.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 4
Thank you very much. I cannot get access to the file from the address you sent. I do not have experience with Google Drive. What do I need for this?

I open Google Drive and paste in the address. It seems to recognize the file name (M.AS12Q.ASUS.STRIX.RX57XT...) but stops with an empty page. I am logged in with my Google credentials.

I open Google Drive and paste in the address. It seems to recognize the file name (M.AS12Q.ASUS.STRIX.RX57XT...) but stops with an empty page. I am logged in with my Google credentials.
You can find the vbios file kindly attached below,

Anhänge

• M.AS12Q.ASUS.STRIX.RX57XT.v68.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 15
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Again, thank you very much. Your modified vbios flashed successfully, and increased the hashrate 10%. I greatly appreciate your effort. Is this the first time that you worked on the vbios of this card?

Again, thank you very much. Your modified vbios flashed successfully, and increased the hashrate 10%. I greatly appreciate your effort. Is this the first time that you worked on the vbios of this card?
This vbios is for gaming, if you want to modify it for mining then please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Oben Unten