Question ASUS Rog 5700 XT woes, please help

face

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
my ASUS ROG 5700 xt is running very hot after using this despite the fact i havnt changed the values only wanted to turn on no rpm fan speed. I then removed morepowertools and reupdated the bios from asus website, I have reinstalled windows and I also made sure the gpu heatsink isnt dipping to prevent contact from the gpu and ram. I even re-applied paste. but problem still persists. i accidently used write sppt, I so added 4 washers to the gpu and 2 for the vram sag.

gpu clock: 1845mhz
gpu mem clock: 1750mhz
99% usage Gpu
edge temps: 94c
gpu hotspot: 110c
ram temps: 95c
vram: 69c
vram1: 70c
vram2: 68c
fan speed: 99%
power draw: 220watts

Lösung
i managed to fix it, i added additional washers on the outer 4 screws to the gpu spring screws and removed the 2 stickers on the heatsink that connects to the ram.
i managed to fix it, i added additional washers on the outer 4 screws to the gpu spring screws and removed the 2 stickers on the heatsink that connects to the ram.

Lösung
Grats! Hope that works for you long term.

my ASUS ROG 5700 xt is running very hot after using this despite the fact i havnt changed the values only wanted to turn on no rpm fan speed. I then removed morepowertools and reupdated the bios from asus website, I have reinstalled windows and I also made sure the gpu heatsink isnt dipping to prevent contact from the gpu and ram. I even re-applied paste. but problem still persists. i accidently used write sppt, I so added 4 washers to the gpu and 2 for the vram sag.

gpu clock: 1845mhz
gpu mem clock: 1750mhz
99% usage Gpu
edge temps: 94c
gpu hotspot: 110c
ram temps: 95c
vram: 69c
vram1: 70c
vram2: 68c
fan speed: 99%
power draw: 220watts
Greetings and welcome,

The Asus RX 5700 XT cards have a problem with the heatsink as they did not secure it well which left a tiny gap between the heatsink and the vram that you can feel it when pressing with your fingers, adding extra washers is a good solution to overcome this,

You have done well,

And you may have a good day,

Regards.

Are all ASUS cards affected? I have 5 cards, all purchased second hand, all hover around 88- 90 degrees mem even with extra 120mm fans pointed at the back of the card, with conservative OC (without fans some cards reached 94 C mem).

Will washer mods fix my issues as well? I also have 5x 5700XT in same rig, auto-fan set to 84 degrees target for memory, and all other cards are 84 (gigabyte).

The 5 hot cards are: 3x ASUS dual, 2x ASUS TUF Gaming. All with stock bios for now, did not modify BIOS yet, before sorting the temp issues. Thank you!

Are all ASUS cards affected? I have 5 cards, all purchased second hand, all hover around 88- 90 degrees mem even with extra 120mm fans pointed at the back of the card, with conservative OC (without fans some cards reached 94 C mem).

Will washer mods fix my issues as well? I also have 5x 5700XT in same rig, auto-fan set to 84 degrees target for memory, and all other cards are 84 (gigabyte).

The 5 hot cards are: 3x ASUS dual, 2x ASUS TUF Gaming. All with stock bios for now, did not modify BIOS yet, before sorting the temp issues. Thank you!
Greetings,

Please watch the video in the kindly attached link below,

Greetings,

Please watch the video in the kindly attached link below,

Thank you kindly.

In this video, they talk about only the strixx version, and i have found the asus website with the cards affected, and there, again, it only mentions asus strixx models. neither model of mine is strixx, but i do have high temperatures, however i'm hesitant to do the mod before i make sure that the heatsink mounting is the issue, as I'm afraid not to over tighten the screws because of the added washers, and damage the cards... if that makes sense?
Still unsure, as online information suggest my cards aren't affected, but if ASUS messed up with one card, hard to see how they haven't messed up with other models as well :)

Thank you kindly.

In this video, they talk about only the strixx version, and i have found the asus website with the cards affected, and there, again, it only mentions asus strixx models. neither model of mine is strixx, but i do have high temperatures, however i'm hesitant to do the mod before i make sure that the heatsink mounting is the issue, as I'm afraid not to over tighten the screws because of the added washers, and damage the cards... if that makes sense?
Still unsure, as online information suggest my cards aren't affected, but if ASUS messed up with one card, hard to see how they haven't messed up with other models as well :)
You are correct and Asus used average thermal paste as well.

Thank you kindly Mini_Me, your help is much appreciated (again and always!). i will do the washer mod on one of my cards to begin with (and replace thermal paste), and monitor changes - will post results of course

Thank you kindly Mini_Me, your help is much appreciated (again and always!). i will do the washer mod on one of my cards to begin with, and monitor changes - will post results of course
You are very welcome and please remember to use plastic or non metal washers with the proper height, I believe the washers shown in the videos are a good example.

Oben Unten