Question Asus B250 Mining Expert Question

SybrBlue

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
For the Asus B250 Mining Expert Motherboard, you can have up to 12 (or 13?) AMD GPUs attached, past this you must use the Nvidia P104 or P106 mining cards to complete the remaining slots until 18 (or 19?) GPUs. My question, and maybe this is more GPU related, is are there AMD based mining cards out there? It seems as though the limit is 12 because of the nature of video cards also being display adaptors, is there a way in the BIOS of the video card to disable the video adaptor aspect and make it a mining card?

I have the B250 and am filling it with the RX5700xt cards. I am going to try my luck at adding Vega 64 cards, but in the long run I think it would be neat (and super helpful to many out there) if we could test this. I just don't know where to start. But, it seems there are some much more knowledgeable people here than myself.

I noticed Asus also released a Mining Master board, which if this idea is good and works could be useful for as well. I just am unclear on the cause of the restriction at 12. It seems graphics related because I read that if you disable the onboard graphics you can get 13 cards running, indicating to me that it is a motherboard or OS based issue with how it handles graphic adaptors and not the actual mining data lanes.

Thanks!!!

For the Asus B250 Mining Expert Motherboard, you can have up to 12 (or 13?) AMD GPUs attached, past this you must use the Nvidia P104 or P106 mining cards to complete the remaining slots until 18 (or 19?) GPUs. My question, and maybe this is more GPU related, is are there AMD based mining cards out there? It seems as though the limit is 12 because of the nature of video cards also being display adaptors, is there a way in the BIOS of the video card to disable the video adaptor aspect and make it a mining card?

I have the B250 and am filling it with the RX5700xt cards. I am going to try my luck at adding Vega 64 cards, but in the long run I think it would be neat (and super helpful to many out there) if we could test this. I just don't know where to start. But, it seems there are some much more knowledgeable people here than myself.

I noticed Asus also released a Mining Master board, which if this idea is good and works could be useful for as well. I just am unclear on the cause of the restriction at 12. It seems graphics related because I read that if you disable the onboard graphics you can get 13 cards running, indicating to me that it is a motherboard or OS based issue with how it handles graphic adaptors and not the actual mining data lanes.

Thanks!!!
Greetings,

Yes there is a way to disable the ports by disabling (unchecking) ATHUB_PG in the Features Control.

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the ports for Palit Nvidia 2060 super? This cards are meant for mining with Asus B250 Mining Expert 19GPU motherboard.

Oben Unten