Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Hello all and specially @Mini_Me, I have a mining setup with around 70 W5700 cards. With the help of this thread, I'm getting around 56MH/s@107W with on the ones with Micro memory and around 54MH/s@90W with Samsung memory. However, unfortunately, I was installing most of them remotely and flashing remotely as well, and it looks like I killed one card.

The card powers up, fan spins, but it's not detected at all on the PCIe bus, neither in Linux, neither in Windows. I decided that it was probably a system crash on a middle of a flash, so I voided the card warranty and opened it up to do the bios shorting method. It didn't work out, card is still absent from pcie listings.

Are there any more steps to do that I'm unaware of?

Thank you all,

Luis Flores

Anhänge

• B7FFA573-4133-4999-B260-FE5ACA19250F.jpeg
    B7FFA573-4133-4999-B260-FE5ACA19250F.jpeg
    1,3 MB · Aufrufe : 69
Bewertungen: MfA
Hello, I dont find ROM W5700XT Pro HP

ID de mi dispositivo 1002 7312-103C 031E

Gracias

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello, I have many HP W5700, just flash them with the 105 unlocked BIOS, you need to force the flashing of any unlocked BIOS because they are not signed.
C:\ati>amdvbflash -i

adapter bn dn fn dID asic flash romsize test bios p/n
======= == == == ==== =============== ============== ======= ==== ==============
0 67 00 00 7312 Navi10 GD25Q80C 100000 pass 113-D1880501-104

C:\ati>amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
ROM Unlocked

C:\ati>amdvbflash -p 0 amd5700xt.rom
Old SSID: 031E
New SSID: 031E
BIOS authentication signature mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

C:\ati>amdvbflash -i

adapter bn dn fn dID asic flash romsize test bios p/n
======= == == == ==== =============== ============== ======= ==== ==============
0 67 00 00 7312 Navi10 GD25Q80C 100000 pass 113-D1880501-104

C:\ati>amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
ROM Unlocked

C:\ati>amdvbflash -p 0 amd5700xt.rom
Old SSID: 031E
New SSID: 031E
BIOS authentication signature mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01
Greetings,

Please use amdvbflash v2.93+ with -f command as below,

amdvbflash -p -f 0 vbios.rom

Any special BIOS needed for the WX 5100? Setting mine up right now. What clocks/voltages have worked best for all of you?

Any special BIOS needed for the WX 5100? Setting mine up right now. What clocks/voltages have worked best for all of you?
There are three different flavours of the WX5100 - giving different results. The Micron is easily the winner for Hashrate and consumption and the Samsung is poor by comparison. There is also the lottery effect. I have 12 of them. They suffer from heat - poor design - they kick their heat out of the back directly into the air-stream. I hang them on risers pointing down - this reduces the temp substantially as the heat escapes up and the airflow is cool.
So you will dump the bios, load it into the editor, change the fan thermals, the TDP you can push to 75W. GPU I start at 900 and some like that, others gain a little up to 920. Memory I set to around 1800 for bad-heat cards and 1850 for most. Then the Mem-straps vary by memory type - you will need experiment. There is no universal "BIOS-FIX". I literally get a card in I bought on ebay - load it on my test-rig, play with to get it sharp - flash the final BIOS and then move it into my farm
EDIT: MH's is going to be between 21 and 25 depending on these factors. Power consumption is from 80 to 90W I have not managed to get any Samsung cards (mostly HP) above 21.5 stable while the Micron's (Mostly Dell) either give 23 or 25 stable depending on sub-type.

This is extremely helpful, thank you - I lucked out and have the Micron version. I'm going to be looking into flashing guides next. Do you have any that you recommend? Unfortunately my German is nein gut, so it would have to be an English version.

This is extremely helpful, thank you - I lucked out and have the Micron version. I'm going to be looking into flashing guides next. Do you have any that you recommend? Unfortunately my German is nein gut, so it would have to be an English version.
Sorry I edited my response above with Hashrates as I forgot to mention them. If you check your exact BIOS version I can give you a mod to try against that if I have one. Use GPU-z to get the version

There are many guides out there - you will use AMDVBFLASH to dump your BIOS and FLASH your BIOS. And you will use PolarisBiosEditor to do the mods. I am actually making a YouTube walkthrough on using the WX cards for mining as I write this!

Hello all and specially @Mini_Me, I have a mining setup with around 70 W5700 cards. With the help of this thread, I'm getting around 56MH/s@107W with on the ones with Micro memory and around 54MH/s@90W with Samsung memory. However, unfortunately, I was installing most of them remotely and flashing remotely as well, and it looks like I killed one card.

The card powers up, fan spins, but it's not detected at all on the PCIe bus, neither in Linux, neither in Windows. I decided that it was probably a system crash on a middle of a flash, so I voided the card warranty and opened it up to do the bios shorting method. It didn't work out, card is still absent from pcie listings.

Are there any more steps to do that I'm unaware of?

Thank you all,

Luis Flores
@Mini_Me sorry to bother, but do you have any idea? When I plug the GPU on the PCIe slot and turn the power, the GPU chip itself get warmer, so it get power, but PCIe bus doesn't see the GPU ... and thank you once again for your awesome work!

@Mini_Me sorry to bother, but do you have any idea? When I plug the GPU on the PCIe slot and turn the power, the GPU chip itself get warmer, so it get power, but PCIe bus doesn't see the GPU ... and thank you once again for your awesome work!
Please could clarify more, the gpu receives power however it is not posting or it is not recognised in the amdvbflash.

Oben Unten