Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

One of my W5700 with Samsung GDDR6 is not able to run
at 900MHz(1800MHz). It will have very high rejection rate.
Try my bios. It is modified M.AMD.W5700.v49.rom for lower consumption and/or for those in hotter environments and/or those with not so good silicon lottery.

Anhänge

• Navi10moj_natvikan.rom.zip
    200,4 KB · Aufrufe : 81
Try my bios. It is modified M.AMD.W5700.v49.rom for lower consumption and/or for those in hotter environments and/or those with not so good silicon lottery.
Nice Mod File Thanks.

TeamRedMiner:
I have with Micron 55,2 / 104W and with Samsung 55,2 / 89W. But the Microns Memory Temperature is between 92 - 98°C is this normal?

With PhoenixMiner have i ~ minus 2 - 3mh/s

Nice Mod File Thanks.

TeamRedMiner:
I have with Micron 55,2 / 104W and with Samsung 55,2 / 89W. But the Microns Memory Temperature is between 92 - 98°C is this normal?

With PhoenixMiner have i ~ minus 2 - 3mh/s
I would absolutely NOT run memory with 98°C! I have 27°C in my mining room and my rig is shut down at the moment, because mem temps with 1700MHz are more than 80°C (fan speed cca 75-85%). In the summer I will be mining only through the night where room tepmeratures are like 4-5°C less. I haven't replace any thermal pads yet.

Do you have memory at 1700MHz and 92 - 98°C? If so check your cooler.

I am using Win10, NBMiner and I manually adjust fan curve in AMD driver. I don't know how HiveOS handles fan.

It's normal if you leave the fan speed setting as auto (blank).
It's not normal if you already set your fan speed at least 75%.

I've already modded vRAM thermal pads for all of my card.

I'm getting 74-76c for Micron and 70c for Samsung at 70% fan speed.
I don't know what my ambient is but it's quite warm because I live in Asia
and my mining rig is in a small closed room with a small gap window open.

It's normal if you leave the fan speed setting as auto (blank).
It's not normal if you already set your fan speed at least 75%.

I've already modded vRAM thermal pads for all of my card.

I'm getting 74-76c for Micron and 70c for Samsung at 70% fan speed.
I don't know what my ambient is but it's quite warm because I live in Asia
and my mining rig is in a small closed room with a small gap window open.

Thanks! I saw your previous posts and the temperatures you are getting are very good. How time consuming is thermal pads replacement for one card? Did you have replaced original thermal solution on main GPU to? It is not thermal paste but a sheet of some thermal pad, right?

Thanks! I saw your previous posts and the temperatures you are getting are very good. How time consuming is thermal pads replacement for one card? Did you have replaced original thermal solution on main GPU to? It is not thermal paste but a sheet of some thermal pad, right?

My 1st card modding consumed hours because I tried to modded my own vBIOS
and it bricked my card. I had to learn how to recover my card.

Now It consumed only 15 mins to replace all of vRAM thermal pads but I have to
cut thermal pads ready before I disassembly the card.

The original GPU cooling part is not paste. It's graphite thermal pad.
I don't think it's necessary to replace original GPU thermal pad with
paste. It's already good enough.

But it will improve the junction temp (aka hotspot) by 3c if you do
(using Cooler Master MasterGel Maker improve 3c and I think using
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme will improve around 5c).

And you must add 0.5-0.8mm plastic washer underneath the GPU mounting bracket
behind the card. If you do not add the plastic washer then the mounting pressure
will not be enough to spread the thermal paste effectively which will result
in higher temp than the original GPU thermal pad.

My 1st card modding consumed hours because I tried to modded my own vBIOS
and it bricked my card. I had to learn how to recover my card.

Now It consumed only 15 mins to replace all of vRAM thermal pads but I have to
cut thermal pads ready before I disassembly the card.

The original GPU cooling part is not paste. It's graphite thermal pad.
I don't think it's necessary to replace original GPU thermal pad with
paste. It's already good enough.

But it will improve the junction temp (aka hotspot) by 3c if you do
(using Cooler Master MasterGel Maker improve 3c and I think using
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme will improve around 5c).

And you must add 0.5-0.8mm plastic washer underneath the GPU mounting bracket
behind the card. If you do not add the plastic washer then the mounting pressure
will not be enough to spread the thermal paste effectively which will result
in higher temp than the original GPU thermal pad.
Thanks!

plastic washer underneath?

8:33 min

Thanks!

plastic washer underneath?

8:33 min

Exactly... Plastic Washer underneath the mounting bracket behind the card like in the video.

One more thing. You will need to remove all the original GPU thermal pad
then clean the heatsink and GPU chip using Isopropyl Alcohol thoroughly
before applying the thermal paste.

My card has finally arrived. The default bios was v105, and GPU-Z shows Samsung memory unfortunately.

Default bios, 49.XX MH/s at 145W.
Mini_Me's tweaked bios, 55.XX MH/s at 92W.

I haven't touched anything regarding clock speeds or anything and don't think to do so. The results are right out of new bios. It's an amazing bios very efficient, cooler and silent. Core temp 50C, Tj Memory 80C at only 1750RPM fan speed.

Thank you @Mini_Me

Hi @xBr0th3rx,

now i have 3 AMD W5700 @ work, 1 with Micron, 2 with Samsung memory. All came with BIOS 106. I flashed all with @Mini_Me's optimized 102-BIOS and it runs great with Samsung too. (~54,5 MH/s @ 92W)

But the one with Micron memory already runs with a power consumption of 110W, and is noticeable warmer then the 2 others, when i touch it. I adjusted the cooling fans @ 3300U/min on all cards, the Micron-card has 80°C memory temperature, the both others 72°C.

I also tried to run the PhoenixMiner without auto-tuning, but the only difference is a little lower hashrate then. (~53 MH/s)
Hello. What is the name of the file you have used for your w5700? I want to try it.

Hello. What I need to know, have you ever checked your real ETH hashrate in a poll? For me, my w5700 with original BIOS gave me up to 60MH/s and 150W, with modifed BIOS from Mini no more than 40MH/s and 97W, in a poll. Phoenix miner send reported hashrate to the poll about 52,5MH/s with modded BIOS, with an original 50,5MH/s. I have been flashed 3 of mine W5700 and I got the same result. It seems that it doesnt work as it expected. Reported hashrate is not the same as the real one. Please check it out. These are my screenshots of Ethermine pool. Thanks in advance.

Anhänge

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169,7 KB · Aufrufe : 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117,9 KB · Aufrufe : 26
Hello. What I need to know, have you ever checked your real ETH hashrate in a poll? For me, my w5700 with original BIOS gave me up to 60MH/s and 150W, with modifed BIOS from Mini no more than 40MH/s and 97W, in a poll. Phoenix miner send reported hashrate to the poll about 52,5MH/s with modded BIOS, with an original 50,5MH/s. I have been flashed 3 of mine W5700 and I got the same result. It seems that it doesnt work as it expected. Reported hashrate is not the same as the real one. Please check it out. These are my screenshots of Ethermine pool. Thanks in advance.
First one 7 x AMD Radeon W5700, second one 2 x AMD Radeon W5700.

What is the card model? Did the BIOS flash the one that is posted in this forum? What overclocking settings did I make and how does the fan work and the memory is heated? Have I tried to configure it with the firmware as a regular rx5700?
AMD Radeon W5700. Original factory settings. I have set the the fun about 65%, GPU temperature abot 62C.

Oben Unten