Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Now my rig is completed with 6 x AMD W5700, but one of the GPUs (Number 5) produce some incorrect shares. (see screenshot) I tried some things, like reducing the tune level in PhoenixMiner from 26 to 20, check the riser cables, restart the rig many times, use other miner but that all don't work. I wanted to change the riser adapter, but i can't find out which one is GPU #5.

Can anyone say me, how i can find out which GPU is Number 5? This isn't easy, because the PCIe-slots of my mainboard (Gigabyte Z390-D) are not in numerical order and i read the order in driver can be different again. Also i dont know, which of these orders the PhoenixMiner uses.

Tips, what i can try too are also very welcome.

THanks in advance!

Anhänge

• GPU5.jpg
    GPU5.jpg
    310,3 KB · Aufrufe : 96
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Thank you so much. I will try that.
If you are in fact asking for values to program that is different and depends if you are wanting to mine or game vs stock. I mine and get solid 28+ MH/s (ETH to ethermine) using around 1050 Mhz Core and 2000 Mhz Mem speeds. Some cards you can push the mem a little more like to 2020

If you are in fact asking for values to program that is different and depends if you are wanting to mine or game vs stock. I mine and get solid 28+ MH/s (ETH to ethermine) using around 1050 Mhz Core and 2000 Mhz Mem speeds. Some cards you can push the mem a little more like to 2020
I bought them for mining as it´s the only option available for sale at a non hyper inflated price where I live that I could find after searching for days. I paid around 450 each, I have two to test but I would like to maybe get 10 more. I can get the 5100 for even cheaper for around 350 so I have one of those coming next week to compare the ROI.

I bought them for mining as it´s the only option available for sale at a non hyper inflated price where I live that I could find after searching for days. I paid around 450 each, I have two to test but I would like to maybe get 10 more. I can get the 5100 for even cheaper for around 350 so I have one of those coming next week to compare the ROI.
The 7100's are very consistent at 28+ but the 5100's are a mixed result. The Samsung versions suffer from heat issues and will only get you between 19 and 21 depending on your ability to keep them cool, as they blow their exhausted hot-air BACKWARDS into the flow of air. Crazy design. The Micron's are MUCH better as they can get you up to 25 Mh/s with decent air-flow. If you can determine which type you are getting in advance you are better off to avoid the Samsung type of WX5100. And the true at-the-wall consumption figures I have posted earlier in this thread I believe. I build my own rigs from Aluminium angle-iron and I mount the WX5100's vertically with risers, so they exhaust the air upwards and away from the rig - this help hugely.

The 7100's are very consistent at 28+ but the 5100's are a mixed result. The Samsung versions suffer from heat issues and will only get you between 19 and 21 depending on your ability to keep them cool, as they blow their exhausted hot-air BACKWARDS into the flow of air. Crazy design. The Micron's are MUCH better as they can get you up to 25 Mh/s with decent air-flow. If you can determine which type you are getting in advance you are better off to avoid the Samsung type of WX5100. And the true at-the-wall consumption figures I have posted earlier in this thread I believe. I build my own rigs from Aluminium angle-iron and I mount the WX5100's vertically with risers, so they exhaust the air upwards and away from the rig - this help hugely.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. Does that aluminum material in the frame help with temperature? I have built a housing using an old clothes drying rack.

For me I stopped buying these cards now as I do not see the ROI any more as being worth it. These are not very good for gaming so limited ability to sell after and with EIP 1559 just around the corner we have not much time left to get a return on them. And BTW they are not much good for other coins. Already by the end of May I am thinking to start selling mine. Here is an older design of one of my little WX rigs where they are still horizontal. This rig makes a very steady 200MH/s and draws about 900W total. When I get home later I will take a picture of the newer design. The aluminium is just a frame - nothing to do with cooling.
2021-05-08 18.38.46.jpg

The original bios of my card reports that: 113-D1880301-104 FGL
Also if needed: VER017.001.000.068.013813 D1880301.104 2084668 511408
AMD_NAVI10_D18803_PROXL_A2_GDDR6_8GB_DELL

My firmware steps seem to be standard and without much trickery:
I use 293plus and:
1). put this folder on the C drive.

2). drop in a folder kindly unlocked for all of us by the respected author @Mini_Me of this wonderful forum (for which he is very grateful and humbly thanked) M.AMD.W5700.v49.rom

3). I create in a text editor and write there start-flash_W5700_{102}.bat file with the following content:

I save it in the same folder with the extension *. "bat"
(I will attach this bat to the message for your convenience.)

4). I run start-flash_W5700_{102}.bat as administrator, just in case.
When prompted, I press Enter.
Finally I restart my computer.
...and DONE.

I hope I was helpful.

P.S.: Apologies for my probably poor English - I use a translator.
Thank you for these instructions. I followed them exactly, but I am still getting the same error message mentioned above.
See attached screenshot.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I tried with the bat file and manually. I tried with the Radeon Pro driver and generic driver.

Anhänge

• Flash Error.PNG
    Flash Error.PNG
    14,5 KB · Aufrufe : 78
Thank you for these instructions. I followed them exactly, but I am still getting the same error message mentioned above.
See attached screenshot.

I tried with the bat file and manually. I tried with the Radeon Pro driver and generic driver.
This may help
Or:
In my case I was able to do it successfully through HiveOS BIOS flash when I got your problem but I do not know if you use HiveOS

See attached screenshot.

Are all your files in the root of the C drive?

Is the card flashed back to the native original *.rom ?

I'm doing it from Windows Server 2019 - don't know if that helps.

Also, I think you should try a different version of amdvbflash. I had a similar problem with 5700XT cards, then I used a different version of amdvbflash from the recommended one, after that the cards started flashing.

This may help
Or:
In my case I was able to do it successfully through HiveOS BIOS flash when I got your problem but I do not know if you use HiveOS
Thank you! You are a lifesaver. Hive OS did the trick. I have never used it before, but it worked flawlessly.

Hi.. guys...

I just received my W5700 (Dell OEM) today.

It come with vBIOS v101. If I flash my card using
modded vBIOS v101 from my original vBIOS then
it will brick my card.

I will need to short my BIOS chip to revive my card.

Mimi_Me's modded v102 works well with my card.
I got around 54MH/s with 93W power consumption.

However the share rejection rate is a bit quite high.
it's over 8% compare to my RTX 3080 running on the same PC
which less than 1%.

Is this considered normal?

Do you guys know what the thermal pads thickness is?

I compared with my 2.0mm and it seem that the original thermal pad
is slightly thinner. maybe 1.5mm?

Hi.. guys...

I just received my W5700 (Dell OEM) today.

It come with vBIOS v101. If I flash my card using
modded vBIOS v101 from my original vBIOS then
it will brick my card.

I will need to short my BIOS chip to revive my card.

Mimi_Me's modded v102 works well with my card.
I got around 54MH/s with 93W power consumption.

However the share rejection rate is a bit quite high.
it's over 8% compare to my RTX 3080 running on the same PC
which less than 1%.

Is this considered normal?

Do you guys know what the thermal pads thickness is?

I compared with my 2.0mm and it seem that the original thermal pad
is slightly thinner. maybe 1.5mm?
Not only that you have an abnormal rejection rate, GPU will hang up after a few hours working. What you must do is to lower the mem speed to a safe level like 1.7GHz (below the manufacturer default speed). And, if you lower your mem speed you can lower your power consumption, too. With these settings I have approx. 52.2 Mh/s and 86W power consumption.

Not only that you have an abnormal rejection rate, GPU will hang up after a few hours working. What you must do is to lower the mem speed to a safe level like 1.7GHz (below the manufacturer default speed). And, if you lower your mem speed you can lower your power consumption, too. With these settings I have approx. 52.2 Mh/s and 86W power consumption.

I just lowered mem clock to 1.8GHz for now.
I will continue to monitor the rejection rate for a while.

weird part is when I was running mem clock at 1.9GHz,
sometime it can min at 53.9-54MH/s with totally 0 rejection.
All I did was just close the mining software and re-open back.

I just ordered ThermalRight ODYSSEY 12.8W/mk thermal pad to replace
the original thermal pad and replace orignal GPU carbon graphite
thermal pad using thermal paste+0.5mm plastic washer mod.

It's just for experimental purpose.

What do you think?

Hey have anyone New mod file for vbios 106 cards?

Because with the Modded 102 from MiMi_Mes have 55mhs with 115watt

Hey my Rejection is less then 1% for 24 Cards
My first Cards comes with Vbios 102 and with Mini_Mes Mod file work with 55Mhs and 95Watt
The New Cards Work with the Modfile from MiMi by55Mhs by 115 Watt

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten