Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Thank you for responding @Mini_Me - I will not be able to get free-samples as I live in the UAE (Dubai)> But that is not a problem as I will order them from Amazon - I see the products you mention there. My question is about the thickness - how do I know which thickness to order? Or must I strip the cards down and measure the thickness to find out? Why do I ask - because for the order to reach me will take a week or 10 days and then I sit with open cards not working...so I am trying to discover the correct thickness to order in advance.

Thank you for responding @Mini_Me - I will not be able to get free-samples as I live in the UAE (Dubai)> But that is not a problem as I will order them from Amazon - I see the products you mention there. My question is about the thickness - how do I know which thickness to order? Or must I strip the cards down and measure the thickness to find out? Why do I ask - because for the order to reach me will take a week or 10 days and then I sit with open cards not working...so I am trying to discover the correct thickness to order in advance.
I believe it is better to either strip the card and measure the thermal pads or to find a member here who already have it and strip it and inquire this from him, I believe I know someone here who have this card and already strip it, I am going to send you his account link,

By the way, do remember to take the compression ratio of the thermal pads in mind as thermal pads are different in this aspect, I will send you the datasheet of the Fujipoly thermal pads.

In the kindly attached link below is the file for Fujipoly Sarcon XR series.

Anhänge

• 090714_Sarcon XR-Um Technical Info.pdf
    85,5 KB · Aufrufe : 31
Hey,

i have new Radeon Pro w5700 with Samsung Chip and (113-D1880201-106) can i use the Same settings and Bios file for

Xan27?​

This is my Original Bios file.

Anhänge

• ORIGIINAL-W5700.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
Greetings,

I am going very soon to post all the unlocked vbios on a new thread in order for everyone to download the appropriate one for their cards,

You may have a good day,

Regards.
Hi @Mini_Me are you going to post a link to the new thread for easy access? Thank you so much for all the help you have been providing. You are quite the legend. I have been following this thread for quite some time now and have the 104 BIOS version. I'm excited for you to unlock it.

No rush or anything. I appreciate the work you're doing, I just want to make sure I know where you are going to post all the versions you have worked on.

Thank you and have a great week!

i have new Radeon Pro w5700 with Samsung Chip and (113-D1880201-106) can i use the Same settings and Bios file for

@Xan27?​

Hi @xBr0th3rx,

now i have 3 AMD W5700 @ work, 1 with Micron, 2 with Samsung memory. All came with BIOS 106. I flashed all with @Mini_Me's optimized 102-BIOS and it runs great with Samsung too. (~54,5 MH/s @ 92W)

But the one with Micron memory already runs with a power consumption of 110W, and is noticeable warmer then the 2 others, when i touch it. I adjusted the cooling fans @ 3300U/min on all cards, the Micron-card has 80°C memory temperature, the both others 72°C.

I also tried to run the PhoenixMiner without auto-tuning, but the only difference is a little lower hashrate then. (~53 MH/s)

Anhänge

• PM.JPG
    PM.JPG
    184,1 KB · Aufrufe : 42
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Bewertungen: MfA
Hi @Mini_Me are you going to post a link to the new thread for easy access? Thank you so much for all the help you have been providing. You are quite the legend. I have been following this thread for quite some time now and have the 104 BIOS version. I'm excited for you to unlock it.

No rush or anything. I appreciate the work you're doing, I just want to make sure I know where you are going to post all the versions you have worked on.

Thank you and have a great week!
Greetings everyone,

My apologies for the delay and the inconvenience,

I know I mentioned before that I am going to post all the unlocked vbios files on a new thread however I find there are many versions out there therefore a better solution is founded that is implementing the unlocking method in RedBiosEditor after Mr. Igor permission and Mr. Hellm agreement as a possible solution, this will make anyone able to unlock any Navi 10 731F vbios they want without any delay anymore and I believe this will make everyone happy,

Thus your further patience is needed and highly appreciated as currently working on this is already started despite our current circumstances and limited time however anyone and everyone of you are not forgotten at all,

My gratitude for your kind understanding,

Please stay safe and healthy,

Regards.

Hello! I would like to first say thank you very much for this thread I have found it to be very amazing.

I was wondering if there is an unlocked BIOs version available for the WX 7100?

I have two that should be arriving tomorrow. Thank you.

This topic is very helpful, thanks to @Mini_Me
I have a 104 dell oem w5700 bios, when I first try to mod the timming (copy 1550 to the rest) , the card doesn't post.
so, could you pls unlocking the 104 dell oem vbios file ?
Similar problem. Versions 102 and 105 do not work on the Dell oem w5700 D1880301-104 board (NAVI10 A2 D18803). Device Manager error code 43.

Similar problem. Versions 102 and 105 do not work on the Dell oem w5700 D1880301-104 board (NAVI10 A2 D18803). Device Manager error code 43.
@Mini_Me stated in his last post that he will soon provide a way to unlock any navi 10. Once he posts the solution, we should be able to flash the custom bios. Just hang tight like the rest of us. :) Cheers.

Hello! I would like to first say thank you very much for this thread I have found it to be very amazing.

I was wondering if there is an unlocked BIOs version available for the WX 7100?

I have two that should be arriving tomorrow. Thank you.
Received! Here is the original BIOS file:

Anhänge

• Ellesmere.rom
    256 KB · Aufrufe : 5
I have the exact same board and have flashed it with version 102. It flashed it perfectly and it works. You probably did something wrong. Try again.
I have the same board mentioned with the 104 bios. I used both the amdflash Windows application and the CMD application, and received the same error mentioned. Even with a force command, I am not able to flash with the 102 bios.

I have the exact same board and have flashed it with version 102. It flashed it perfectly and it works. You probably did something wrong. Try again.
Can you share with us the steps you took to flash the 104 w5700? 5mh doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have multiple cards, it adds up and I would like to get them flashed ASAP.

And you're sure you were on version 104?

Can you share with us the steps you took to flash the 104 w5700? 5mh doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have multiple cards, it adds up and I would like to get them flashed ASAP.

And you're sure you were on version 104?
The original bios of my card reports that: 113-D1880301-104 FGL
Also if needed: VER017.001.000.068.013813 D1880301.104 2084668 511408
AMD_NAVI10_D18803_PROXL_A2_GDDR6_8GB_DELL

My firmware steps seem to be standard and without much trickery:
I use 293plus and:
1). put this folder on the C drive.

2). drop in a folder kindly unlocked for all of us by the respected author @Mini_Me of this wonderful forum (for which he is very grateful and humbly thanked) M.AMD.W5700.v49.rom

3). I create in a text editor and write there start-flash_W5700_{102}.bat file with the following content:
cd C:\293plus
pause ::::::::::::::: Next: Information on installed Graphics Cards :::::::::::::::::
amdvbflash -i
pause ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Next: Unlocked ROM Card {0} :::::::::::::::::::::::::
amdvbflash -unlockrom 0
pause :::::: Next: GO FLASH BIOS to Card {0} firmware {xxx.rom} in this ".bat" ::::::
amdvbflash -p -f 0 M.AMD.W5700.v49.rom
pause
I save it in the same folder with the extension *. "bat"
(I will attach this bat to the message for your convenience.)

4). I run start-flash_W5700_{102}.bat as administrator, just in case.
When prompted, I press Enter.
Finally I restart my computer.
...and DONE.

I hope I was helpful.

P.S.: Apologies for my probably poor English - I use a translator.

Anhänge

• start-flash_W5700_{102}.zip
    345 Bytes · Aufrufe : 35
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Oben Unten