Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

thank you Mini_Me.

i tried flashing but i keep getting this error. tried 2.93 and 3.04 already.

Anhänge

• atierror.jpg
    atierror.jpg
    89,9 KB · Aufrufe : 29
Hi @Mini_Me ! First off, I love that you're helping so many people out with their Bios patches. I think that's super wonderful and awesome of you.

Hopefully you could help me out too.

I'm having trouble with my XFX RAW II PRO 5600XT models. As far as I can tell, they're the same part numbers, but two of the cards had different bioses. The two older bios ones seemingly run hotter and perform slightly better than the other 4 that I have on stock bioses. I was able to at least make their bioses the same and update them both to .68, but past that, haven't been able to really get anything tweaked or stable at all and am stuck around 38.6MH/s. If you need the p/n I can provide that tonight.

I would greatly appreciate some of the magic you've been sharing!

Anhänge

• XFX5600XT.68.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 2
Hi @Mini_Me ! First off, I love that you're helping so many people out with their Bios patches. I think that's super wonderful and awesome of you.

Hopefully you could help me out too.

I'm having trouble with my XFX RAW II PRO 5600XT models. As far as I can tell, they're the same part numbers, but two of the cards had different bioses. The two older bios ones seemingly run hotter and perform slightly better than the other 4 that I have on stock bioses. I was able to at least make their bioses the same and update them both to .68, but past that, haven't been able to really get anything tweaked or stable at all and am stuck around 38.6MH/s. If you need the p/n I can provide that tonight.

I would greatly appreciate some of the magic you've been sharing!
Hi and welcome,

Please check the kindly attached link below,

Hey, hello all, im new here.
I have a new rx 5600 xt (asrock challenger) but im going crazy trying to "unlock" the bios.. i just want to pass the limits when i oc it.
I made a modded bios with RedBiosEditor+MorePowerTool, adjusting mem timings, and set the OC'ing limits over the stocks ones.
But I cant flash it, always gave me an eror, orrr once i flashed success but the clocks of the gpu stuck at ~300mhz... i had read something about the bios i flashed was not signed but i dont know what to do.
Can u people in this place help me? tellme what i have to do or if u need more info/files.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Mini_Me, I am trying to flash bios for the rog strix 5600xt but it doesn't work. My friend told me you could help unlock the bios? Thank you in advance and have a good day!

Anhänge

• original5600xtbios.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 5
Greetings,

I believe until now all requests had already been fulfilled,

For those who their vbios is not listed on bitby.ru, please feel free to message me whenever you like.

Anhänge

• Hydro_AMD_001-3-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-113-D189XLE.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
@Mini_Me Hello, I have a Rog Strix 5600xt and can't flash the bios.
My GPU is listed in the bitby page: Asus RX 5600 XT 6 GB STRIX GAMING TOP T6G 115-D182PI0-100 731FHB.17.1.0.68.AS01Q but there's no download button.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks and have a great day.

Anhänge

• 5600_rog_strix.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 3
@Mini_Me Hello, I have a Rog Strix 5600xt and can't flash the bios.
My GPU is listed in the bitby page: Asus RX 5600 XT 6 GB STRIX GAMING TOP T6G 115-D182PI0-100 731FHB.17.1.0.68.AS01Q but there's no download button.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks and have a great day

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 2
Greetings everyone,

My apologies for the delay,

I will start unlocking the vbios files on Sunday due to loaded schedule,

You may have a good day,

Regards.

@Mini_Me first of all, thanks for your work. ive tried several times to flash this rog strix and nothing. always have to restore to stock. would be perfect if you can unlock this for me. best regards

Anhänge

• Mixed_rig-0-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-115-D182PI0-100.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 4
Hello @Mini_Me

Please help me to unlock my card's roms.
I have 2 cards (MSI Mech OC RX 5600 Xt and MSI RX 5600 GAMING XT) and I want to use them for mining.

Thank you!

Anhänge

• MSI_5600_GAMING_XT.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 5
  • MSI_5600_MECH_XT.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 4
Hi again @Mini_Me !

I have a new Gigabyte RX 5600 XT 6 GB Gaming OC GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD/FZ2/09FE Micron.
I know it's listed on bitby.ru but it seems you need to donate first. I really dont mind donating but i only have 1 card so.
Can you help me with vbios mod?

Thanks again!

Anhänge

• Gigabyte5600xtgamingOC-Origbios.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 3
Hello, @Mini_Me!

I was wondering if you can help me with bios unlocking.
Powercolor RX 5600 XT 6 GB ITX 113-D18903_XLE - Samsung. It is listed on Bitby but sadly, there is no download link.
Thank you for all your help to the community, much appreciated!

Anhänge

• ty_worker-0-RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D18903_XLE.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 4
Hello @Mini_Me
Please help mod bios
Radeon RX5600XT 6G َAsus Micron GDDR6 115 D189P00-100
tnx

Anhänge

• RadeonRX5600XT-6G-Micron_GDDR6-115-D189P00-100.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Oben Unten