Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

Hi Mini Me,

I have been following your great and extensive work with the 5700 XT, which I use for mining, and its been a fantastic journey, thank you very much for all the priceless information.
Now I've got mi first 5600XT pulse BE with Micron memory and I kindly ask If you could help me unlocking it, as I would like to play more with it, it seems it has a little more room for mining.

Thank you very much!

Anhänge

• 5600XT pulse BE.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 9
Hello whats up

First of all, very nice work of u Mini Me!
i stumbled across this forum and this topic because i use a TUF 3-RX5600XT-O6G-EVO-GAMING (single bios)
and i wanted to get the most out of that card for mining but:
I used the redpanda bios, canged it like intendet and the card wont get a P/N number after flashing in amdvbflash/amdflash and wont post, reflashed old bios.
Also, dont have any information about if my card has Samsung or micron memory, in GPU-Z it only shows GDDR6

i dropped the originalbios also in :)

Maybe u can do that its working and i can get the 43Mh/s ;D
Stay healthy
best regards

Anhänge

• 20210123_085355.jpg
    20210123_085355.jpg
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe : 54
  • 20210123_085445.jpg
    20210123_085445.jpg
    1,2 MB · Aufrufe : 43
  • 20210123_091728.jpg
    20210123_091728.jpg
    3,5 MB · Aufrufe : 65
  • Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 16
Hi guys,
Maybe you can help me for my 5600 XT : this model => Powercolor AXRX 5600 XT 6GBD6-3DHV2/OC
It seems locked to 800 mV min on SoC and GPU, and can't tweak VRAM voltage.
I can flash the bios with amdvbflash 3.04, but any modification make the card not initialize.
I can flash back the original BIOS and the card works back.
Tried everything : just UV, or just mem straps (both Micron and Samsung).
The least change saved with RBE will crash the card. The rig is running on Integrated Intel Graphics, so I can flash it as I want.
For now, the card is (stock bios) :
GPU 1100 MHz 800 mV forced with -40% Power Target
MEM 1840 MHz stock voltage
=> 39,24 MH/s on TRM for 90 W (software) and 126 W at wall (rig is around 30 W on idle).
Would love to UV GPU and MEM, and tweak timings... But can't now.
Here is the official Bios. If you can help me with it please ?

Anhänge

• 5600bios.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 10
Good morning Mini_Me, you can unlock my ASUS DUAL 5600XT 6GB bios, because when I modify the timing with RBE, the bios do not start, and I lose hdmi signal. thank you so much.

Anhänge

• asusdualpablo.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 13
Hello Mini-Me!

Can you help me and mod this 5700XT bios for mining?

Thank you so much!

Anhänge

• PowerColor-RX5700XT-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D19901-XT.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 3
Hello Mini-Me!

Can you help me and mod this 5700XT bios for mining?

Thank you so much!
Hello and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Hello and welcome,

Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Yes, I have used that guide with success in asus strix 5700xt, but this ASUS DUAL 5600xt, the bios is blocked, any modification to do, do not boot later.

Hi everyone.

I also have a ASUS DUAL 5600XT.
Mini_me if you unlock the bios from marcosvega2 can you share it also with me?
I´m not sure if it makes a difference but i´ve compared the bios from marcosvega with the one from my card and there are some differences.

Vergleich.jpg

Anhänge

• Asus_Dual_RX5600XT_Stock.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 20
Hi guys,
Maybe you can help me for my 5600 XT : this model => Powercolor AXRX 5600 XT 6GBD6-3DHV2/OC
It seems locked to 800 mV min on SoC and GPU, and can't tweak VRAM voltage.
I can flash the bios with amdvbflash 3.04, but any modification make the card not initialize.
I can flash back the original BIOS and the card works back.
Tried everything : just UV, or just mem straps (both Micron and Samsung).
The least change saved with RBE will crash the card. The rig is running on Integrated Intel Graphics, so I can flash it as I want.
For now, the card is (stock bios) :
GPU 1100 MHz 800 mV forced with -40% Power Target
MEM 1840 MHz stock voltage
=> 39,24 MH/s on TRM for 90 W (software) and 126 W at wall (rig is around 30 W on idle).
Would love to UV GPU and MEM, and tweak timings... But can't now.
Here is the official Bios. If you can help me with it please ?
A BIG thanks to Mini_Me for providing a perfectly flashable BIOS !
I've been able to lower GPU voltage to 700 mV and apply 1550 MHz timings to 1750 and 1800 MHz steps.
Now the card delivers 42,02 Mh/s at 83 W, 117 W on wall !
GPU is now at 1150 MHz, don't seem to gain any performances at 1300 MHz
VRAM make all perf actually : upped from 1840 to 1846 MHz to go from 41,89 to 42,02 Mh/s
Seems stable so far, still waiting for invalid shares
Still have to apply -40% Power Target to lower GPU SoC Voltage at 806 mV (can't hard modify it).
Memory voltage stays at 850 mV (can't modify it)

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello Mini_Me,

I have read through all 17 pages of this thread and am impressed with your generosity in providing so many bios files! It is my turn to ask... can you help me with unlocking the ASUS DUAL 5600xt bios (DUAL-RX5600XT-T6G-EVO) please. I see you may have done one above for @marcosvega2; however, I've attached the file I've extracted in case they are different. In case you need to know, I will be mining with this card.

Thanks in advance,

momanz

Anhänge

• rx5600-asus-dual.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 16
@Mini_Me

Thanks for all your work and willing to help others. Do you take tips in crypto. I wouldn't mine giving you some ETH for your help.

I tried to download other bios for my brand of card from all 17 pages and it didn't work for me.

I have a Sapphire Pule 5600xt. I was hoping that I could use one of the other bios's you posted so I didn't have to bug you for you help. Here is my original bios.

Do I just have to flash it or do I need to modify the mem straps after you unlock it?

Thanks again,
Zerb

P.S. I have a couple of other 5600xt's on the way and hopefully I can bios mod them without bugging you again.

Anhänge

• 5600xtoriginal.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 11
@Mini_Me

Thanks for all your work and willing to help others. Do you take tips in crypto. I wouldn't mine giving you some ETH for your help.

I tried to download other bios for my brand of card from all 17 pages and it didn't work for me.

I have a Sapphire Pule 5600xt. I was hoping that I could use one of the other bios's you posted so I didn't have to bug you for you help. Here is my original bios.

Do I just have to flash it or do I need to modify the mem straps after you unlock it?

Thanks again,
Zerb

P.S. I have a couple of other 5600xt's on the way and hopefully I can bios mod them without bugging you again.
Please provide the P/N of your card.

Hey Mini_Me

I also tried to unlock my Bios in my Asus 5600xt Dual to optimize my mining performance, however my card didnt get recognized anymore so i flashed the original Bios back on it.
After reading trough half the internet i ended thanks god up in here.
Ive compared marcosvega2 and my bios and it seems like we have the same, so if u have the time could u please share his bios als with me?

if i missed something i will also pack my original bios in here

big thanks in advance.

Anhänge

• Bios_orig.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 11
Here you go: P/N 299-5E411-202FT

Sapphire just release a tool to flash different model numbers of some of their Sapphire Pulse 5600xt. However, my P/N was not on their list.

Thanks for all your work and willing to help others.

I just got one of my other 5600xt's delivered today. It's a MSI Gaming MX. Could you also do an unlocked bios for this card as well. It doesn't have a bios switch and am afraid to try.

The 5700xt's are so much easier to bios mod. I have done over 50 of them for myself and friends. Never had a problem till my first 5600xt.

Thanks again.

Yep. Just like all the other happy folks you helped...it works like a champ. It increased by 3.3 mh/s and only increased by 4 watts. Your awesome.

Anhänge

• SPbios.JPG
    SPbios.JPG
    12 KB · Aufrufe : 56
Oben Unten