Question 2080Ti voltage issues? It randomly runs clock-limited.

Blu'

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Help!
I recently bought a used 2080Ti from Zotac, runnning Micron memory. I'm struggling since 3 days to make it run stable like other 2x 2080Ti's I have (these mount Samsung memory). I don't know if itt depends on the memory... the fact is it randomly runs at very low clock, despite the power limit I give it. It happens then, maybe I shutdown the rig for a while and when it gets back it runs correctly. Then after a few minutes it loses information about Wattage and Fan, but keeps running smoothly. Then maybe I do a reboot and starts running underclocked, despite the settings are unchanged.
Someone told me it can be a defective voltage regulator. I would like to know more about this and if there can be a solution before I throw it in the garden. :D
Is there a way to give it a fixed voltage, expressed in numbers, like you can do with AMD cards? Can I edit its BIOS?
The problem oocurs both in Windows and Linux. I tried different drivers, nothing changes. Looks like just bugged, failing to boost the clock.
Please help <3

IMG_20210304_011222.jpg
IMG_20210304_011255.jpg
IMG_20210304_011158.jpg

Oben Unten