Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I don't trust 100% the reliability of HiveOS to flash bios. Is it possible to flash the bios on Win10 with amdvbflash 3.04+, running as administrator?

I am suggesting this to eliminate the variable of HiveOS programming a new card. Once the bios is loaded and running, the HiveOS is a great tool to manage and store bios for multiple cards.
Hi @AlleyCat and @Mini_Me
I tried in Windows with amdvbflash but the result was the same, when booting in Windows it was detected in the device manager with a "warning" and from HiveOS an error was detected (like the capture that I sent to you).

If it helpful I have attached the original BIOS that I have download from my GPU (with HiveOS).
the only thing that take my attention is this original BIOS has 1Mb, but the file that you uploaded has 512Kb.

regards

Anhänge

• Gigabyte5700XT GamincOC_rev2.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 10
Good Morning.
Spectacular topic, lots of relevant information. Thank you all.
Someone using Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil on HIVEOS?
I have a platform with 10 RX588 (2 EVGA P1200, ASUS Mining Expert, G4400, 4GB RAM) and I will receive 02 Powercolor this week. If anyone can give me a tip on where to start I would appreciate it.
Great week for all of us !!

Good Morning.
Spectacular topic, lots of relevant information. Thank you all.
Someone using Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil on HIVEOS?
I have a platform with 10 RX588 (2 EVGA P1200, ASUS Mining Expert, G4400, 4GB RAM) and I will receive 02 Powercolor this week. If anyone can give me a tip on where to start I would appreciate it.
Great week for all of us !!
Save the original bios of both new cards.
User the tools described in this thread to modify the memory timings, using a copy of the original bios. The preferred straps are the Apple Inc straps.
Use the power table values on page 32 to create a Power Table. Use RED to save a new modified bios that includes both the memory straps update and the Power Tabel.
Flash the modified bios. If the bios is signed the flashing is expected to fail. You wil lneed to request on this thread to attempt and disable the protection.
Run HiveOS with your preferred configurations. You will find many examples for performance or for deficiency.
Report back any success or failers. They are equally important in our community efforts.

I would recommend to NOT mix RX5700 with older GPUs. Set a new rig for the RX5700 and use the beta version of HiveOS.

Hi @AlleyCat and @Mini_Me
I tried in Windows with amdvbflash but the result was the same, when booting in Windows it was detected in the device manager with a "warning" and from HiveOS an error was detected (like the capture that I sent to you).

If it helpful I have attached the original BIOS that I have download from my GPU (with HiveOS).
the only thing that take my attention is this original BIOS has 1Mb, but the file that you uploaded has 512Kb.

regards
Thank you for the update,

Please test the below vbios files and update whenever it is possible, all the vbios vram timings were already modified with Apple straps,

And note that the one with C letter is only for a CSM boot type in motherboard bios and a system installed on MBR partition.

[C, N and P vbios files are removed as no longer needed]

Anhänge

• M_F30_R57XTGAMING.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 117
Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Please test the below vbios files and update whenever it is possible, all the vbios vram timings were already modified with Apple straps,

And note that the one with C letter is only for a CSM boot type in motherboard bios and a system installed on MBR partition.
What are the differences in the bios revisions C/M/N?

Thanks.

What are the differences in the bios revisions C/M/N?

Thanks.
- The C one is only for CSM boot type system installed on MBR partition,
- The M one is F30 vbios with FA0 vbios Microcode ported to it,
- The N is a normal F30 vbios to test with a pure CSM boot type system installed on MBR partition,
- The P one is FA0 vbios with the power play table of F30 vbios ported to it.

gigabyte aorus rx 5700xt not working after typing bios. can you help me.
Please check the attached link below,

Hi @Mini_Me,
I have installed HiveOS image with Etcher on a SSD (following the step mention here https://hiveos.farm/install/#howto-image) do you know if it use a MBR partition?
or if i need to do some change to test the BIOS.

thanks!

- The C one is only for CSM boot type system installed on MBR partition,
- The M one is F30 vbios with FA0 vbios Microcode ported to it,
- The N is a normal F30 vbios to test with a pure CSM boot type system installed on MBR partition,
- The P one is FA0 vbios with the power play table of F30 vbios ported to it.
OK. Let me see if I understand:

- These bios settings are for the HiveOS environment, where the OS boots from an MBR partition.
- You are testing several options to validate the preferred and universal option to handle signed bios.

Did I understand correctly?

Thanks

Salve a bios original de ambos os novos cartões.
Use as ferramentas descritas neste tópico para modificar as temporizações da memória, usando uma cópia da bios original. As tiras preferidas são as tiras Apple Inc.
Use os valores da tabela de potência na página 32 para criar uma Tabela de potência. Use RED para salvar um novo bios modificado que inclui a atualização das correias de memória e o Power Tabel.
Faça o flash do BIOS modificado. Se o BIOS estiver assinado, espera-se que o flash falhe. Você precisará solicitar neste tópico para tentar desativar a proteção.
Execute o HiveOS com suas configurações preferidas. Você encontrará muitos exemplos de desempenho ou deficiência.
Relate qualquer sucesso ou falha. Eles são igualmente importantes em nossos esforços comunitários.

Eu recomendaria NÃO misturar RX5700 com GPUs mais antigas. Defina um novo equipamento para o RX5700 e use a versão beta do HiveOS.
Hello. Thanks for the reply.

As soon as the cards arrive I will follow these steps.
I think I should do the whole process on windows and only after I have finished connecting the flash to the rig.

Red Devil has 02 BIOS, from what I read in the topic I should use BIOS Silent to make the mod, right?
I already made several notes on the configuration vmem / vcore / frequencies for HIVEOS, I will have to try it.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to mount a second rig, I will have to make a mix. I found some reports on the HIVEOS forum that would work well with miners that simultaneously support drivers for POLARIS and NAVI, like the phoenixminer that is my favorite in stability / performance.
As soon as I have the opportunity, I will replace the old cards with new ones, but for now this is not possible.

Thank you very much again for your help.
I'm going to have a fun job over the weekend. :)
Greetings everyone.

Edit: My PSUs have 8-pin PCIe cables and 8 + 6-pin cables; the 5700XT has two 8-pin connectors. Will I need to use a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter or does it work with only an 8-pin connector like the RX580?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :

Hello!

I have the Gigabyte 5700xt rev 2, tested the M and P, both work. The M version apparently shows the correct watts under hiveos.

Hello!

I have the Gigabyte 5700xt rev 2, tested the M and P, both work. The M version apparently shows the correct watts under hiveos.
Thank you very much for your kind update,

How about the N and C ones, did they work as well on CSM boot type system installed on MBR partition as well?

And the P one, does it show correct watts as well?

You are welcome, thanks for your help along these 47 pages! (I've read them almost all :D)

Haven't tried the N and C, I'm using hiveos on a USB stick which I presume it is MBR, let me know if you want me to test something else besides running N and C on the cards?

About P, no, it was showing ~ +20watts (just like the other bios)

You are welcome, thanks for your help along these 47 pages! (I've read them almost all :D)

Haven't tried the N and C, I'm using hiveos on a USB stick which I presume it is MBR, let me know if you want me to test something else besides running N and C on the cards?

About P, no, it was showing ~ +20watts (just like the other bios)
Great news, I believe I am now narrowing where the trigger for the security is, If there is further need of testing to verify my thoughts I would really appreciate your offer in doing that,

Regarding the N and C it is better to test them on a system installed on MBR partition like you have now and I look forward to your update regarding the N and C whenever it is possible,

We are glad to have you here with us,

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.

Hi @Mine_Me,
I have tested the M version, and it is working :) without change the Partition to MBR :)

1606860446784.png

my partition is GPT (created with Etcher):
1606860512048.png

and I have upload it from HiveOS, and it work well:
1606861579026.png

I have verify the memory timings with Red BIOS Editor, but it doesn't have the same value from 1550 to 2000Mhz, like is mention on steps to do the BIOS mod, do you recommend maintain as you sent it or edit something?:

1606860666080.png

additional I have verify the memory timing with the Original BIOS download from 5700 XT Gaming OC Rev2 and it are differents. but it is work :)

tell me if you need some additional test

regards

@Mini_Me, of course, here you have, let me know when you need anything else.

All with M:
Anhang anzeigen 7993

In order M,P,C,N:

Anhang anzeigen 7994
Dear elvena,

The only thing remains regarding the M vbios is to modify its power table to your liking or the one in the link below using Morepowertool by loading the M vbios and apply the desired changes then saving it as .mpt file,

After that to load the M vbios using RedBiosEditor then click on save to fix the checksum (no need to apply any changes as I already applied Apple vram timings),

After that to flash it abd test the results.

Oben Unten