AMD Help in underclocking or modifying 5500XT bios

lordaine

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hello, I thought it was the problem of the AMD drivers that most of my games crashes and it turns out, it was the boost clock of my msi 5500xt oc 4gb. When I underclock it to 1750, everything works fine now. No more issues at all.

Please, if anyone can modify this bios below, any help would be greatly appreciated. Just lowering the Boost Clock from 1845 MHz to 1750, or anyone can please point me to the right person. Thanks!

RBE doesn't support 5500XT for now
:(

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/218498/msi-rx5500xt-4096-191210

I will have a look at it,

At the meantime, after further research I found that the cause that prohibit flashing modified vbios is the RSA signature, unfortunately there is no easy way to modify this that is why the RX 5500 series is not supported by RedBiosEditor until now,

If I have succeeded in finding an easy solution I will update you whenever it is possible.
Hi,
were you able to look at my file?
In the meantime, I tried to change the straps the hiveos modified rom doesn't see it.
As I put back the original rom restarts.
Any suggestions ?

Hi,
were you able to look at my file?
In the meantime, I tried to change the straps the hiveos modified rom doesn't see it.
As I put back the original rom restarts.
Any suggestions ?
Hi,
Your file is fine however due to digital signature implementation by AMD, any changes in the vbios is not acceptable unless we modify the digital signature which requires skill, knowledge, time and effort.

a question, can you understand from the hex editor what the 1500 MHz straps is?
I will send you the hex offsets for the memory and their location, after that use the amdvbflash 2.93+ to try force flashing the vbios using -f to bypass the rsa signature as the 3.04+ doesn't support -f command, and do not worry 2.93+ support Navi 10 and 14 as well.

I will send you the hex offsets for the memory and their location, after that use the amdvbflash 2.93+ to try force flashing the vbios using -f to bypass the rsa signature as the 3.04+ doesn't support -f command, and do not worry 2.93+ support Navi 10 and 14 as well.
Thanks

Anhänge

• RX 5500XT.mpt
    1,9 KB · Aufrufe : 1
  • RX 5500 XT.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 4
Greetings,

Thank you for the files,

I might have figured out a solution however I need your help to verify it by testing the modified vbios files with optimized memory timings, if it is a success that will be a great thing,

I will update you whenever it is possible.
I am happy to help. I don't like to exploit others; I like to understand what to do and understand how it works.

I am happy to help. I don't like to exploit others; I like to understand what to do and understand how it works.
Please do not worry, everyone has the right to get the knowledge, especially for those who knows how to use it properly like your kindself, I will explain things after verifying it is working.

Oben Unten