Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Gaming OC rev 2.0 BIOS mod - followed instructions, cannot reach target hashrate nor power

Hidden JTK

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I've only been mining for less than a year. I've done some BIOS modding of RX 570 - 580 with success. Recently I've decided to try the 5700 XT. The card is hard to find, so I grabbed the 1st one available without doing any research / review. I figure I would buy one, test it, learn about the new Navi cards (I've read they are not so easy to mod as Polaris), and eventually, buy more.

My 1st attempt at BIOS modding, I followed this guide: https://www.igorslab.de/red-bios-ed...und-noch-stabiler-uebertakten-navi-unlimited/
After I flashed the BIOS, my card bricked: Black screen, no POST, no motherboard BIOS screen. I was able to recover it by booting to FreeDOS and flash the original BIOS (which I extracted b4 I modded it)

My 2nd attempt, I followed this guide to the letter: https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-86493
My card now runs around 56.5MH / s @ 138W (reported by PhoenixMiner 5.4c, and most recently, 5.5c). I am running Windows 10, Phoenix settings cclock 1380, mclock 1800, cvddc 750, mvddc 840 (but I don't think this one has any effect in Phoenix). My GPU temp 50C, VRAM temp 90C. At this setting, the system is stable for around 3-4 hours, then the whole thing freezes. I set Phoenix to reboot the system in case of error, it did not happen. I have to manually hard reset it.

I was able to get 59.5MH/s @ 151W by playing with Phoenix's clock settings: core 1420, mem 1920, core volt 790mV, but the VRAM temp went up to 94 (I have external fan helping out. I am not happy with that result. Too much power, too hot VRAM. I would like to b able to run 59-60 MH/s @ 112-117W (I will even settle for 120W). I really would like to be able to tame the 5700 XT. This is my 1st and only Navi10 card.

The above thread is very long, 93+ pages. I followed the journey of AlleyCat with his Gigabyte, and Sapphire (which I don't have). He's running HiveOS, and somehow he is able to control VRAM voltage, Mem controller voltage. None of those are available in Windows 10. But I still read that he's able to get his Gigabyte to 59+, @ 110-117W. I don't think I can deal with Linux. I will stick with Windows.

Can someone help me out? Thank you, stay safe and have a good day.

sorry if my comment not fix your issue

previously i use windows
easy to use but even i have good parameter/setting on my mining apps but windows have limitation and need to reboot periodically
i tune a lot my windows but still need reboot.

now i use windows only if i want to flash or try modify my bios using RBE
and hiveOS for mining is more enjoy because u can install HiveOS apps on phone and tuning it

sorry if my comment not fix your issue

previously i use windows
easy to use but even i have good parameter/setting on my mining apps but windows have limitation and need to reboot periodically
i tune a lot my windows but still need reboot.

now i use windows only if i want to flash or try modify my bios using RBE
and hiveOS for mining is more enjoy because u can install HiveOS apps on phone and tuning it
So which OS would b the best for config/tweaking GPUs?

So which OS would b the best for config/tweaking GPUs?
Hello and welcome,

Please check the post in the kindly attached link below,

Hello and welcome,

Hi Mini_Me and thank you for the links. I will follow it and report back here with results as soon as I have time to execute the guide.

Quick questions regarding the BIOS files: I notice all the BIOS files in the link you provided are 512KB. Whereas when I backup my original BIOS (I bought the card new, so it is factory-installed BIOS), the file is 1024KB. Does it matter? Is it because my card is rev 2.0 that the BIOS file is 1024KB, and 512KB are rev 1.0 BIOS files?

Thank you very much.

Hi Mini_Me and thank you for the links. I will follow it and report back here with results as soon as I have time to execute the guide.

Quick questions regarding the BIOS files: I notice all the BIOS files in the link you provided are 512KB. Whereas when I backup my original BIOS (I bought the card new, so it is factory-installed BIOS), the file is 1024KB. Does it matter? Is it because my card is rev 2.0 that the BIOS file is 1024KB, and 512KB are rev 1.0 BIOS files?

Thank you very much.
The vbios chip size is 1024KB to have dual vbios, 512KB is the size for one vbios and the other 512KB is always blank, that's mean it does not matter and 512KB is better.

Hello and welcome,

Hello, I am back. I have followed your guide, using your BIOS file: > M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.ROM < my GPU has Micron VRAM only.

There is 1 part which I still don't know how to do. I wonder if it is necessary:
[Regarding SoC Maximum, must be kept at default 1267 MHz in the vbios, capping it at another value must be done inside the OS using a script in linux or editing the registry using MorePowerTool in Windows and at your own discretion, recommended values for memory types at specific clocks as below,
Memory Clock - - - > SoC Maximum,
910 (1820) MHz - - - > 957 MHz (Samsung, Micron & Hynix),
950 (1900) MHz - - - > 1093 MHz (Micron & Hynix, here the default 1267 MHz is preferred),
Where do I edit the registry?

Anyway, I have skipped that part for now. After I edited the MPT, I used "Apple Inc" timing and flashed the VBIOS. A little note to those who read this: You must use the Flash Tool 2.93+, using the -f flag.

My PhoenixMiner settings:
Core: 1415 MHz
VRAM: 1870 MHz
cvddc: 790mV
mvddc: 875mV (This one does not seem to have any effect. I tried changing it to any ridiculous number and it doesn't affect anything)

Now my GPU runs like this (Using HWiNFO v6.42):
Core: 1385 MHz (actual value, despite setting in PhoenixMiner)
VRAM: 1870 MHz
cvddc: 793mV
mvddc: 850mv
Power (reported by both PhoenixMiner & HWiNFO): 127W
GPU Temp: 58
VRAM temp: 98
Hashrate: 58.697 MH/s
Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC HWiNFO 210202.PNG

The VRAM temp worries me. I would much rather have the card run lower hashrate, but cooler, and less watt. Ideally, 55 MH/s @ about 90-100W. I will continue to play with PhoenixMiner to find the sweet spot. Is there anything else I should do to lower VRAM temperature?

I have a few questions:
1. Should I try to edit the Soc Maximum MHz?
2. How do I control the MVDDC in PhoenixMiner? Does it matter?
3. I also read in other places, people talk about Mem controller voltage, is that the same as memory voltage? Does it matter? PhoenixMiner has nothing about Memory Controller Voltage, mayb another miner?

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I've only been mining for less than a year. I've done some BIOS modding of RX 570 - 580 with success. Recently I've decided to try the 5700 XT. The card is hard to find, so I grabbed the 1st one available without doing any research / review. I figure I would buy one, test it, learn about the new Navi cards (I've read they are not so easy to mod as Polaris), and eventually, buy more.

My 1st attempt at BIOS modding, I followed this guide: https://www.igorslab.de/red-bios-ed...und-noch-stabiler-uebertakten-navi-unlimited/
After I flashed the BIOS, my card bricked: Black screen, no POST, no motherboard BIOS screen. I was able to recover it by booting to FreeDOS and flash the original BIOS (which I extracted b4 I modded it)

My 2nd attempt, I followed this guide to the letter: https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-86493
My card now runs around 56.5MH / s @ 138W (reported by PhoenixMiner 5.4c, and most recently, 5.5c). I am running Windows 10, Phoenix settings cclock 1380, mclock 1800, cvddc 750, mvddc 840 (but I don't think this one has any effect in Phoenix). My GPU temp 50C, VRAM temp 90C. At this setting, the system is stable for around 3-4 hours, then the whole thing freezes. I set Phoenix to reboot the system in case of error, it did not happen. I have to manually hard reset it.

I was able to get 59.5MH/s @ 151W by playing with Phoenix's clock settings: core 1420, mem 1920, core volt 790mV, but the VRAM temp went up to 94 (I have external fan helping out. I am not happy with that result. Too much power, too hot VRAM. I would like to b able to run 59-60 MH/s @ 112-117W (I will even settle for 120W). I really would like to be able to tame the 5700 XT. This is my 1st and only Navi10 card.

The above thread is very long, 93+ pages. I followed the journey of AlleyCat with his Gigabyte, and Sapphire (which I don't have). He's running HiveOS, and somehow he is able to control VRAM voltage, Mem controller voltage. None of those are available in Windows 10. But I still read that he's able to get his Gigabyte to 59+, @ 110-117W. I don't think I can deal with Linux. I will stick with Windows.

Can someone help me out? Thank you, stay safe and have a good day.
Hi,

I have the same card but i lost my original bios (1024KB) could you post it here please ?

I have the same results as you but my concern it´s the higuer consumption (W)

Hello, I am back. I have followed your guide, using your BIOS file: > M-Micron-FZ0-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68.ROM < my GPU has Micron VRAM only.

There is 1 part which I still don't know how to do. I wonder if it is necessary:

Where do I edit the registry?

Anyway, I have skipped that part for now. After I edited the MPT, I used "Apple Inc" timing and flashed the VBIOS. A little note to those who read this: You must use the Flash Tool 2.93+, using the -f flag.

My PhoenixMiner settings:

Now my GPU runs like this (Using HWiNFO v6.42):

Anhang anzeigen 10714

The VRAM temp worries me. I would much rather have the card run lower hashrate, but cooler, and less watt. Ideally, 55 MH/s @ about 90-100W. I will continue to play with PhoenixMiner to find the sweet spot. Is there anything else I should do to lower VRAM temperature?

I have a few questions:
1. Should I try to edit the Soc Maximum MHz?
2. How do I control the MVDDC in PhoenixMiner? Does it matter?
3. I also read in other places, people talk about Mem controller voltage, is that the same as memory voltage? Does it matter? PhoenixMiner has nothing about Memory Controller Voltage, mayb another miner?
Hello and welcome,

My apologies for the late reply,

In windows, there is no need to worry about adjusting the memory and its controller voltages or the soc clock as it is automatically scaled according to the memory clock.

I have the same problem, kinda;
after flash my Rev 2 with rev1 . my card turn into brick....... and i didn't have a backup copy.
I try to find rev 2.0 Bios, everywhere, but with no result.
can you please send me a copy of your rev 2.0 bios?
here is my email: [email protected]

I have the same problem, kinda;
after flash my Rev 2 with rev1 . my card turn into brick....... and i didn't have a backup copy.
I try to find rev 2.0 Bios, everywhere, but with no result.
can you please send me a copy of your rev 2.0 bios?
here is my email: [email protected]
If your card have Micron memory then please use the unlocked vbios in the kindly attached link below,

Dear Team,

I tried to flash, but all attempts failed, even using your guidelines, I guess I'm not using the right bios.
My card is Gigabyte RX5700 XT GAMING OC Rev.2.0 8GB but with single Samsung memory.

By any chance, do you have the unlocked bios for this card?

Please find attached my original bios.

Thank you,

Sergio

Anhänge

• GB5700ori.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 56
Hi,

Please find attached mini me unlocked rom, modded by me for Gigabyte RX5700 XT GAMING OC Rev.2.0 8GB with single Samsung memory
55,2 mh - 56.85 Mh.
Max Core Clock: 1500
Memory Clock: 900 / 910
Core Voltage: 750

Anhänge

• M-Samsung-F40-Gigabyte-Gaming-RX57XT-v68-mod-son.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 219
  • gigabyte 5700xt smos 56.85 mh.PNG
    gigabyte 5700xt smos 56.85 mh.PNG
    133,8 KB · Aufrufe : 172
  • gigabyte 5700xt smos.PNG
    gigabyte 5700xt smos.PNG
    140,2 KB · Aufrufe : 153
Hi Gigel,

Awesome!

It works smothly :)

3: 57.186 MH/s (5/2), 47C 35% 106W
GPU3: cclock 1313 MHz, cvddc 781 mV, mclock 1820 MHz, mvddc 850 mV, Tj 56C, Tmem 84C, 539 kH/J

FYI, it's using recommended apple VRAM timings.
Same MH/s as MSI MECH OK.

Thank you so much,

Sergio

@gigel.drogba will it work on Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT Single Samsung Memory​

Hi,

Please find attached mini me unlocked rom, modded by me for Gigabyte RX5700 XT GAMING OC Rev.2.0 8GB with single Samsung memory
55.2 mh - 56.85 Mh.
Max Core Clock: 1500
Memory Clock: 900 / 910
Core Voltage: 750

Will it work on Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT Single Samsung Memory, presently im getting 55.5mh/s without moding, tried to mod its original bios both silent and OC, but seems my miner (hiveos) showing an error that it cant find any GPU, but it showing in the start screen...​

Oben Unten