Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

Please could clarify more, the gpu receives power however it is not posting or it is not recognised in the amdvbflash.
It's like GPU is disconnected, it doesn't show up on lspci (I work full time on Linux, so feel free to ask me for tests on Linux), doesn't show up on BIOS (I tested on a Asrock H110 BTC), but fan turns on, and GPU gets warm....

It's like GPU is disconnected, it doesn't show up on lspci (I work full time on Linux, so feel free to ask me for tests on Linux), doesn't show up on BIOS (I tested on a Asrock H110 BTC), but fan turns on, and GPU gets warm....
Did this happen after flashing the unlocked vbios? And is this still happening with stock original vbios?

Did this happen after flashing the unlocked vbios? And is this still happening with stock original vbios?
Yes, it happened after flashing, my fault, I had many cards to put to work, and I flashed several on HiveOS and I had a miner running at same time, and miner triggered a reboot during a flash.

I have not found a way to restore any BIOS because board is not seen in the PCIe bus, so no utility can detect the card (I tried HiveOS, FreeDOS, Windows 10, on several motherboards). After all that I disassembled the card, voiding the warranty, to do the BIOS short method, still nothing.

I have the card disassembled, I'm looking for other approaches ... or for something I missed or did wrong ...

Yes, it happened after flashing, my fault, I had many cards to put to work, and I flashed several on HiveOS and I had a miner running at same time, and miner triggered a reboot during a flash.

I have not found a way to restore any BIOS because board is not seen in the PCIe bus, so no utility can detect the card (I tried HiveOS, FreeDOS, Windows 10, on several motherboards). After all that I disassembled the card, voiding the warranty, to do the BIOS short method, still nothing.

I have the card disassembled, I'm looking for other approaches ... or for something I missed or did wrong ...
Alright this is a first case that I did not counter before when a flashing is interrupted,

Please shorten the vbios chip then disconnect the gpu from all power sources, after that shorten it again while it is disconnected and leave it for a 20 minutes,

After that, enable CSM and legacy os boot in the motherboard bios settings, and reboot the pc then connect the gpu and try to reflash the original backup vbios.

Alright this is a first case that I did not counter before when a flashing is interrupted,

Please shorten the vbios chip then disconnect the gpu from all power sources, after that shorten it again while it is disconnected and leave it for a 20 minutes,

After that, enable CSM and legacy os boot in the motherboard bios settings, and reboot the pc then connect the gpu and try to reflash the original backup vbios.
Thank you so much! I will try it right away, even if it doesn't work, thank you a lot for your time! If there's some way for me to return the favor, please say it!

No worries and you are welcome,

If this did not work then as a last resort to buy a new vbios chip and it is cheap.
I'm back, it's not solved yet, but I let it for a while connected to the motherboard with the vbios short circuit (after it was off for 20m), after a few minutes connected the motherboard started to reboot on a loop, by itselt, failing to POST. After that I disconnected and GPU was not recognized with or without the short circuit, but without the short amdflash took like 20s to scan the bus (-i option). Could if be a bad contact on the short?
I will repeat again, but this was the first 'life' signal I got from the GPU through the PCIe bus.

I'm back, it's not solved yet, but I let it for a while connected to the motherboard with the vbios short circuit (after it was off for 20m), after a few minutes connected the motherboard started to reboot on a loop, by itselt, failing to POST. After that I disconnected and GPU was not recognized with or without the short circuit, but without the short amdflash took like 20s to scan the bus (-i option). Could if be a bad contact on the short?
I will repeat again, but this was the first 'life' signal I got from the GPU through the PCIe bus.
Great news, I believe it is possible to use a bios flasher like CH341A to flash the chip with the original vbios before buying a new chip.

My advice is to use morepowertool to change parameters without modifying the vbios for W5500 as the mean time unlocking the 5500 series is postponed.
用 morepowertool 更改时钟频率很方便,能完美适用于W5500。但是却不能识别 WX5100和WX7100,不知道能有什么方法能改这两张卡的时钟频率

This all is very helpful, thanks especially for your work @Mini_Me and @stone1978.

My W5700 came with Bios 106 and Micron memory, i flash it to the optimized 102 Bios from Mini_Me and now it works with ~54,5MH. But the power consumption is ~110W, not 90-100W like others here. How can i do to reduce the power consumption to <100W? I dont have experience with AMD because i used nVidia so far. Maybe the PhoenixMiner caused the higher power consumption, because it auto-tune the card at startup?

I also tried stone1978's tuned Bios, but with this my graphic driver crashes after a few minutes of mining.

Anhänge

• GPU-Z.JPG
    GPU-Z.JPG
    107,7 KB · Aufrufe : 66
  • PhoenixMiner.JPG
    PhoenixMiner.JPG
    177,8 KB · Aufrufe : 64
Bewertungen: MfA
This all is very helpful, thanks especially for your work @Mini_Me and @stone1978.

My W5700 came with Bios 106 and Micron memory, i flash it to the optimized 102 Bios from Mini_Me and now it works with ~54,5MH. But the power consumption is ~110W, not 90-100W like others here. How can i do to reduce the power consumption to <100W? I dont have experience with AMD because i used nVidia so far. Maybe the PhoenixMiner caused the higher power consumption, because it auto-tune the card at startup?

I also tried stone1978's tuned Bios, but with this my graphic driver crashes after a few minutes of mining.
Please could you post your original backup vbios?

Can someone help me and tell me why when I unlock my rom the adapter becomes "not found". I can boot up when I jump the chip but when I try unlocking the rom it does this to me? With out unlocking it says that I successfully flashed the chip and can boot up and post normally but when I open up amdvbflash it does not show up as an adapter... Sorry if this is already mentioned but I have ver. 104 and tried flashing to 105. Please help and thank you for this great thread. BIOS.jpg

Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot to especially @Mini_Me for your work, my w5700 are now running flawlessly! One big question:
I have a mainboard which doesnt provide many pci lanes. If I understand it correctly, all the integrated audio devices are eating up the pci ressources. Is there any way to disable the audio devices within the gpu bios? :)Unbenannt.PNG

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings everyone,

My apologies for the delay,

I will start unlocking the vbios files on Sunday due to loaded schedule,

You may have a good day,

Regards.

This topic is very helpful, thanks to @Mini_Me
I have a 104 dell oem w5700 bios, when I first try to mod the timming (copy 1550 to the rest) , the card doesn't post.
so, could you pls unlocking the 104 dell oem vbios file ?

Anhänge

• Nuc-6-RadeonProW5700-8G-Samsung_GDDR6-113-D1880301-104.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 12
Dear @Mini_Me you have mentioned earlier in this thread "By the way, if you are living in the United States I can share with you a way to get free high performance thermal pads." and this whole subject has become of interest to me as a few of the WX cards I have purchased are cooking way more than others. So I decided I will try to replace the pads and therefore need to order some in advance. So my question is, should I just order a range of thicknesses to be sure, or is there a way to determine what a specific card uses in advance, before opening? I have tried to google for this info but come up short. TechPowerUp does not include this info in their database either. Any knowlege you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Dear @Mini_Me you have mentioned earlier in this thread "By the way, if you are living in the United States I can share with you a way to get free high performance thermal pads." and this whole subject has become of interest to me as a few of the WX cards I have purchased are cooking way more than others. So I decided I will try to replace the pads and therefore need to order some in advance. So my question is, should I just order a range of thicknesses to be sure, or is there a way to determine what a specific card uses in advance, before opening? I have tried to google for this info but come up short. TechPowerUp does not include this info in their database either. Any knowlege you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Greetings and welcome,

For the free thermal pads, if there is a Fujipoly factory around then you can request a free sample of Sarcon XR-M with the desired thickness, and another request for XR-UM.

Oben Unten